Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I ordered 6 more pads (1 orange, 3 white, 1 gray, 1 red) all LC 5.5. I knew I could last the weekend. Spent $50 at Wally world too. dayum, I can`t stop spending.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mention NXT 2.0 is a `cleaner wax/sealant` ?? I use this exclusively on my vehicle. I have DWG arriving this week.

The DWG goes on before the Sealant generally (can go on after as well) -- So is my NXT 2.0 going to remove the DWG? And should I apply after the NXT 2.0 to be double sure? Hrmm

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Neofate - about the NXT 2.0, I do believe that wax has some cleaning properties. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Dublife - I like the NXT 2.0. It is a good OTC wax. That would be a good wax to use after your polishing in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    thanks for the info. I might be good enough just adding a wax (whether cleaner, synthetic, carnuba) right after my final polish. Fact is, I might only have enough time to just an LSP. what These are all OTC so what would you guys use?

Mothers Cleaner Wax (paste)

NXT 2.0

Meg`s step 3 Carnuba (harder to work with)

Gold Class

Meg`s # 7 glaze

Not sure I`ll be able to squeeze another order in any time soon. (yeah right : ) but I know I`m gonna need more pads...i feel like a heroin addict with this stuff. I need to get back to work.

I would recommend NXT 2.0. It`s going to give a great shine, make the car POP. And technically, NXT is a "sealant", not a "wax", in the strictest definition. The main reason is that waxes are made of natural products, like carnauba, whereas sealants are synthetic and polymer based.

Now, what you have listed here, they`re all pretty good products, but in some cases, they`re not even in the same class as the others.

Mother`s Cleaner Wax is kind of a polish & wax rolled into one. It`s meant to help clean the paint and get rid of nasty stuff, and it`s meant for most people who don`t want to do a cleaner/polish and then wax. Think of it like a shampoo & conditioner for your hair; it does the job in washing & conditioning, but it`s really not as good as a separate shampoo & conditioner. It`s really meant for the average joe who goes out and waxes every couple of months and just wants their car to look kinda shiny.

Gold Class is GREAT stuff, and is a lot like NXT 2.0 in its durability, but it`s got carnauba wax and isn`t synthetic. It will also haze up a lot thicker; the NXT wax goes on a lot easier than any other wax I`ve ever tried (with the exception of the Turtle Wax ICE, but that stuff just doesn`t seem to last any decent length of time). NXT is also probably one of the easiest to buff out, vs. most of the waxes with carnauba, IMHO. It`s better than the Step 3 Carnauba, but it`s also more expensive - you`ll find you get what you pay for with a lot of products.

Step 3 Carnauba is also good stuff, but as you mentioned yourself, it IS harder to work with, especially when comparing it to NXT. It`s easier to put on than most paste waxes, since it`s a liquid, and it`ll give a great shine, but it`s not as easy to buff out.

I`ve tried almost all of the products you`ve listed (with the exception of #7 glaze, but that`s because I found NXT before I found places selling #7) and of them all, I like the NXT the best. Again, it`s a matter of preference, as I know a lot of guys here will swear by P21S or Zaino or some other wax that they prefer, but with what you`re using in the lineup, NXT is perhaps the best stuff you can get as an OTC, since it seems like that`s what you`re looking for.

Again, most of what I`m telling you is my opinion, based upon my personal experience - you need to try something and see what you like best and what works for you, but if you find something you really like and it does what you want it to do, you can`t ask for anything more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information