Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a BLGM from a member here a while back and have enjoyed using it around the house. I have not tried it in the car yet. I went ahead and filled it up with hot water, and got it ready to go. My question is, for those of you that have it, does it tend to put out cold water for the first 10 seconds and then gradually get warmer? This is what mine did, even though I had hot water in the tank. What I have been doing to fix this is by carrying around a bowl with me where I spray the cold water in it for the first 10 seconds and then feel the water with my hand and when it is warm I then proceed to spray the carpet with the hot water.

Does this happen to everyone else? If so, are you using a similiar process and waiting for it to get hot?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly havent felt mine. I can see that its warm when its cold outside. Maybe because the water has to flow through the tube first and cools off while your vacuuming? Just my theory. :nixweiss
    Mike K
    I know just enough to get me in trouble!

`04 Toyota 4-Runner Sport EditionV8
    `06 Honda Accord LX Special Edition
    `50 Chevy Streetrod - Air Force Blues, 383, 500hp, 540lbft

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine does this too. I just attributed this to the water left over in the sprayer from the last time it was used. I haven`t timed it, but it seems like the amount of time the water is still cool is about how much water could remain just past the solution tank up to the sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraser
    Mine does this too. I just attributed this to the water left over in the sprayer from the last time it was used. I haven`t timed it, but it seems like the amount of time the water is still cool is about how much water could remain just past the solution tank up to the sprayer.

That is most likely the case

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraser

what he said.

it`s just the water left over from last time. if you`ve ever drained your lgcm completely out of water during mid-detail and have to refill, you will find out how long it takes for the sprayer to actually start spraying water again. Sometimes I`ve wondered myself if the machine`s sprayer was broken, but after awhile eventually it`ll start spraying again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally makes sense, thanks for all the replies everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    how do u like the machine? I am thinking about picking one up for my little side detailing thing
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    you might try to put food coloring in the water in the holder and see how long it takes to come out blue or whatever color you use.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    you might try to put food coloring in the water in the holder and see how long it takes to come out blue or whatever color you use.

why?

he knows it takes 10 sec or so

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea and i would be hesitant to put food coloring near carpet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    how do u like the machine? I am thinking about picking one up for my little side detailing thing

Considering the fact that I am not a full time detailer, it works great for me. I originally got it for pet stains for the rare occassion when one of my dogs has an accident in the house. I have not had a chance to use it in a car as there are not stains in my car or my wife`s right now. Others have posted here that if you do details just part time or on weekends, it is a nice affordable alternative. I feel like it removed the stains pretty easily in the house. Maybe others can chime in (I want to say weekend warrior uses one?).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raadkins16
    Considering the fact that I am not a full time detailer, it works great for me. I originally got it for pet stains for the rare occassion when one of my dogs has an accident in the house. I have not had a chance to use it in a car as there are not stains in my car or my wife`s right now. Others have posted here that if you do details just part time or on weekends, it is a nice affordable alternative. I feel like it removed the stains pretty easily in the house. Maybe others can chime in (I want to say weekend warrior uses one?).

I bought mine for the same reason raadkins did. Well I actually bought it because my daughter vomitted milk all over the back seat of my truck. It works well for me, the weekend worrior. I greatly doubt the machine could handle doing a car every day...it would just take you too long. But like I said, for the price and the amount of times I use it, it works great!
    Mike K
    I know just enough to get me in trouble!

`04 Toyota 4-Runner Sport EditionV8
    `06 Honda Accord LX Special Edition
    `50 Chevy Streetrod - Air Force Blues, 383, 500hp, 540lbft

Thread Information