Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Heya,..

I claybarred and waxed my LS 400 with NXT 1.0 (paste in the can) about two weeks ago. I was very pleased, but heard so much about NXT 2.0, I decided I would give it a go.

Today I washed the car, (didn`t clay bar because it was obviously not needed).. and proceeded to use ample supply of the NXT 2.0. I let the NXT 2.0 sit on the vehicle for 2 hours or so while I was detailing the interior (just took me that long is all.. ).

Here is the deal.

Car looks great.

However, the NXT 2.0 looks exactly the same in shine/gloss/depth as the 1.0 did. I like it, but cannot tell any difference in looks.

However.. -- The NXT 2.0 has made the car even `smoother` *to the touch* by a noticeable margin than the NXT 1.0 did. The 1.0 did a great job, so I am impressed with this.

So my question is:

Since these are technically sealant waxes.. Is it possible, or even likely, that the car will look better in 24 hours than it does now,.. thus trumping the NXT 1.0? Or , in my case, is the 2.0 going to simply be the same `gloss/shine/depth` of the 1.0 ?

Either way I am happy, I was just hoping for a bit of an edge with the newer product.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the edge that you get with the NXT2.0 is that you will not have to wax again in two weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t have to wax it this time -- I just wanted to use the NXT 2.0 hehe.. The car is new to me, only had it a month or so, so I keep her OCD`ish clean for now.

So no truth to the possibility of it looking better than 1.0 from the curing process?

On this topic, is that wait x hours and it looks even better because of the Nano tech Curing process occuring for real? People say it, but is it just talk?

I did notice the 2.0 went on much smoother (liquid probably has something to do with it) .. and came off without residue and with much less effort. Almost seemed like I wasn`t putting enough on due to how thin it went on.. so I used more than I had to to ensure it was on very well.. but even then it came off with much less effort than the Paste 1.0 did.

This one is a keeper I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    "I think nxt 2.0 last longer and is easier to take off. same looks though"

Post Thanks / Like
    nxt 2.0 works wonders for me. the liquid is sometimes a bit thin but i just make sure to go over it with my applicator because thin is in =)

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a 2nd layer on with the UDM and a SFX red finishing pad. I got it on sooo thin you could almost not see it on the dark silver colour. A finger swipe let you know there was a thin layer on though. Left for a while and buffed off very easily - very nice slick finish and almost seemed better than then first layer I put on a bit thicker by hand a few weeks before, but that may simply be from it being an additional layer rather than anything else.

Looks especially great on darker colours IMHO esp after 24 hours, but didnt blow me away on the dark silver. Looks good, but I have better results with Ultima PGP for example and of course thats easier to use.

Overall impressed with the product though, but have never seen or used NXT 1.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some NXT 2 and read on the bottle that it may stain trim....this would be a problem for me. Does it stain the trim?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a complete newb and never used the 1.0. I spent the past 3 evenings detailing my in-laws dark green touareg I applied the NXT 2.0 on top of the Meg`s step 2 polish and it looks, feels, and SMELLS terrific.

Just a guess here, but I wonder if you would notice a difference once water hits the surface? "hydraphobic technology". Like I said, I`m a total amateur and for now I`m stuck with a collection of OTC products and no machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suki22
    I bought some NXT 2 and read on the bottle that it may stain trim....this would be a problem for me. Does it stain the trim?

Ohhhh baby!! Full disclosure: I haven`t used 2.0, but 1.0 stains like a mofo (as all Meg`s waxes do, other than #16 & #26, IME).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    I`m a complete newb and never used the 1.0. I spent the past 3 evenings detailing my in-laws dark green touareg I applied the NXT 2.0 on top of the Meg`s step 2 polish and it looks, feels, and SMELLS terrific.

Just a guess here, but I wonder if you would notice a difference once water hits the surface? "hydraphobic technology". Like I said, I`m a total amateur and for now I`m stuck with a collection of OTC products and no machine.
    At what speed did you apply NTX??(if applied by UDM)

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose it stains trim -- As it warns very clearly not to get on it. But it isn`t instantaneous, just make sure you get it off areas you don`t want it on as soon as possible. I`ve not had a problem with either.

Here are the results today. Hasn`t been 24 hours yet -- but I`m sure this is about as good as it gets.

This is by hand, not PC/Rotary.

As you can see the silverish color of the car is good and bad.

It is good in that it hides swirls and defects by design.

Bad that I will never get the eye popping mirror finish of say a Black paint.

Nonetheless I think I did a competent job. Look fairly decent to you guys?

Car is a 1994 Lexus LS 400, with 228,000 Miles on it. And I love it.

It looks good to me now, would using a PC on application/removal really make a noticeable difference in the way it looks now with my hand application/removal?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it looks very nice.

Is that a Tom Williams of Birmingham, AL tag? I live in the AL, so just curious.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put NXT.2 liquid on my vehicle in early December and since that time it has been driven about 5000 miles, had numerous wand type washes, a couple of touchless tunnel washes, about 4 ONR washes plus it has been driven in snow, freezing rain, rain, and been subject to a ton of road salt. I just washed it an hour ago and cannot believe how well it is still sheeting. I think the durability of NXT.2 is very good. Appearance wise it`s not half bad either.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    I think it looks very nice.

Is that a Tom Williams of Birmingham, AL tag? I live in the AL, so just curious.

Thank you Jared! -- I am fishing for compliments. I need them,.. I`ve put so many hours into that car detailing! hehe.. Just hard to get any wow looks awesome because of the color. :aww: :2thumbs:

Yes, that is Tom Williams of B`ham, AL. I live in B`ham !

Specifically I live in the 35242 zip,.. Near Mt. Laural (Highland Lakes area).

Where abouts are you? Maybe we could detail together.. rofl. (Being sarcastic)

Post Thanks / Like
    I browse the meguiar forums and have also personally used NXT 2.0 as well.

Their recommendation is to apply very thin coats and let it dry to a haze. There is no need to use an `ample` amount, as you`ll only be wasting most of it. You can apply 2 coats to ensure the application is even. Basically, the same advice you get for any sealant / wax I think (are there any products which require an `ample` coat?)

NXT 2.0 is also different from 1.0 in that it has hydrophobic properties, so your car will bead like crazy. Separate Note: I ordered a gallon of the Ultimate Quik Detailer (UQD) because I was so impressed by the beading action. Having that hydrophobic property in the NXT 2.0 is nice, but wasn`t the main sell for me, since I can obtain the same beading action by using UQD on top of other products.

In terms of durability, most people say it lasts a lot longer than 1.0, but as I only applied mine 2 weeks ago, so not enuf info to judge yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information