Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: micro marring

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn local car washes, anyways, I took my car to a local car wash that I heard was good (this being maybe a week after i did a clay and 2 layers of wax). I didn`t have enough time to do it myself and i was pretty busy for the next week or so, and when i got there i specifically asked for a hand wash, and i walked to the mall cause its like right across the street and when i came back i saw my car coming out of the drive through wash and i was pissed :grrr . Now i have a bunch of spiderweb scratches and minor swirl marks (i had little before) and i was just wondering if anybody can recommend a light polish that can be used by hand to remove these? (im really pissed because this will be the second time its been polished within 2 months)

Im really unlucky ><

Thanks all

Oh and i tried my NXT 2.0 on one of the fenders, but it only filled about 50% of them, so im guessing i need a light polish to remove them

Post Thanks / Like
    its going to be next to impossible to remove it by hand. youll need to machine polish them out.

is merced in norcal?
    2002.5 mazda Protege5:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Machine and AIO or 106FF. Orange or white pad.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to pick up a PC, some pads and a good polish like Megs #80. It`s inevitable, even with 2 bucket method, that your soft black Honda paint is not going to stay perfect. It will eventually get some light swirling again regardless of the precautions unless it`s not a daily driver. Pick up a PC that way you can polish it every so often to keep it looking perfect (or close)

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t bring it in a carwash again... and ALWAYS make time to wash your car. If not... then wait.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    You will probably never find a place that will wash it as good as you can by hand yourself(given you know what youre doing). When and IF you do, it will be $$.
    2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NCZ13
    its going to be next to impossible to remove it by hand. youll need to machine polish them out.

is merced in norcal?

Merced is in Central Cali.

But pick up a PC or something and get some polishes of your choice and have at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07NIGHTHAWKSI
    .. i have a bunch of spiderweb scratches and minor swirl marks...can recommend a light polish that can be used by hand to remove these?

IME/IMO 1Z brand polishes are the only way to go by hand. If he marring isn`t too bad and your paint is fairly soft, you might try that before you go getting into the whole machine polishing thing (heh heh, regulars here know it`s not like I`m anti-machine or anything ).

Post Thanks / Like
    for the record...there are touchless car washes which aren`t bad for your paint hardly at all. if you insist on using a carwash, use the touchless ones. mobile has them as well as a few others

Post Thanks / Like
    the autoglym super resin glaze gets lots of praise for being a great prdouct to use by hand, and there is a thread on here showing the results of using it by hand. It`s the same product the queen of England uses when she is out there detailing her cars.lol
    mobile auto detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont trust any car wash ever, if it isnt one thing it is the other in my opinion. They have soap that would strip any wax/sealant on there i bet. just think someone goes through it after offroading in the mud, if there car isnt clean they are pissed.....so high pressure water and a strong degreaser-like soap will be used.....that is just the case in my town..i dont know about everywhere else but i dont trust anything....just keep this in mind for next time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ReLoaDeD BuLLiT
    for the record...there are touchless car washes which aren`t bad for your paint hardly at all. if you insist on using a carwash, use the touchless ones. mobile has them as well as a few others
    I have wondered about this. And I recently did a test to see if this is true that the Mobil car wash is ok. I bought the basic wash and drove through exactly as it said. The car was recently detailed with menzerna intensive polish. The paint came out visibly dirty the first time. So i complained and they said i could go again, so I did, and it was still bad. There was clearly a lot of dirt left over. And the "hub scrubbers" brushes did not look soft at all. I concluded that you can only take a car through it that does not have built up dust on it. Plus at the ones in california they use recycled water for all but the final rinse.
    mobile auto detailer

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at your username, I`m assuming you have honda nighthawk black pearl paint. If that`s the case your paint is so soft, and requires special care that a car wash can`t give you.

As others said get a PC and some polishes, and don`t get hung up on micromarring it`s inevitable. I use to care about my nbp, but now I`m happy if it looks good. It`s impossible to keep that car mar free, especially on a DD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Noting that I`m sorta "Mr. Off-the-Deep-End" when it comes to washing, some touchless washes are fine IME, as long as you accept their limitations. My wife`s A8 has gone through a TN touchless countless times with no ill-effects at all and I`ve even run the Blazer and the MPV through our local one a few times (again, with no ill-effects). In some cases it can beat leaving the vehicle unwashed; a truly *filthy* vehicle is a disaster waiting to happen- what if somebody brushes against it and grinds that dirt into the paint

Just remember that what was OK yesterday might not be OK today (what if the solutions get mixed wrong?) and that it won`t get things all that clean so you can`t touch it (e.g. to dry it). So "touchless" needs to mean *TRULY TOUCHLESS*, no wheel brushes, no wipedown-style drying, no touching at all.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcities
    the autoglym super resin glaze gets lots of praise for being a great prdouct to use by hand, and there is a thread on here showing the results of using it by hand..

The SRP is very good stuff. I used it a *lot* before I latched on to the 1Z polishes. It doesn`t do as much actual/mechanical correction as the 1Z, and IME it doesn`t really conceal any better, but yeah, it`s a viable alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    how about UDM package? think that would do the trick?

I just dont want to polish it so much, ive had the car for about 7 months and its already had a full polish twice and ive used a bunch of scratch x on spot marring ><

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information