Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of getting one of these extraction machines for personel use. I know that some people have the non heated version, where you can still put hot tap water in the tank instead of heating it by the machine. Others that have used the heated version and have said that they should have just gotten the non heated and add hot water to it.

Any advice on which to get? And why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can use the non heated and add hot water to it. I have the heated one and still use hot water in it most of the time, and sometimes turn the heater on just to make it extra hot if needed. For personal use I love it, great little machine.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Love my heated version too, For $90, dont think you can beat it, IMHO
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    and FYI someone just recently made a post about the LGM being on sale for like 75 bucks or something...

Might be worth having for personal use.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big Lots had refurbished Bissel Spot Bots a while back for $75. I have a Spot Bot and I love it. When I am pressed for time, and I am working on floor mats that have stains, I can just sit the Spot Bot on the mat, and set it to auto mode, and It cleans the spot for me whil I do something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Iv`e had a non-heated one for many years , it works great. You can put some really hot water in it and you will run it out long before it cools down. If the price is right you can`t loose:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I detail cars on the weekends/week days(sometimes) and the spotbot has been a VERY great add to my collection of tools. Maybe a HW extractor in the future for me but till then this is a great solution. I think it can hold up to some of the big HW machines out there but requires much more prep time. Depending on how bad the mat is I will spray my CG cleaner on irritate with the brush on my PC then work with spot stains then Go over with the spot bot. It can get about 95% percent of the water/soap out of the mats it just takes a few passes. For a weekend warrior I couldnt ask for more for the price. I also have a steam cleaner that is great as well because I use it on pretty much all surfaces if done right. I would suggest going to costco and checking out the steam machines they have there. Sorry for so much to read. Just my experiences. Hope it helps

-Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the heated version and even the manual says to add hot water.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I have been thinking about getting a Spotbot but whats the difference between that and the LGM?

Post Thanks / Like
    Take my word for it: buy the heated version. Even using a coffee maker in the non-heated version does not provide as much heat as adding hot tap water to the heated version. The water in the non-heated version also cools down fairly quickly as opposed to the heated version which has a constant and continual heat source.

I have found that I can`t even keep my fingers under the spray for more than 2-3 seconds when adding hot tap water to the heated version. I plan on using a laser thermometer in the future to see how hot it actually gets.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think in order for the heat to actually make a noticeable difference is if it was steaming. the 25 degree warmer (or whatever it is they advertise) isn`t going to make a bit of difference, IMO
    03 Redfire Mustang GT

13.9 when it was stock

Intake, Exhaust now

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been wanting to get one of the ones that heat up because I would use it on clients cars and don`t want to ask them for hot water every few minutes. I need to get one of these. I have heard good things about these machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by backwoods_lex
    Take my word for it: buy the heated version. Even using a coffee maker in the non-heated version does not provide as much heat as adding hot tap water to the heated version. The water in the non-heated version also cools down fairly quickly as opposed to the heated version which has a constant and continual heat source.

I have found that I can`t even keep my fingers under the spray for more than 2-3 seconds when adding hot tap water to the heated version. I plan on using a laser thermometer in the future to see how hot it actually gets.

Which model is the one that heats up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbequer
    I am thinking of getting one of these extraction machines for personel use. I know that some people have the non heated version, where you can still put hot tap water in the tank instead of heating it by the machine. Others that have used the heated version and have said that they should have just gotten the non heated and add hot water to it.

Any advice on which to get? And why?

I got the heated version off amazon, for less then 100 shipped. I like it as a spot treater, but I would say that if your doing carpets on a daily basis, a heated extractor would be better. The suction is not that strong IME, and I had to combo my steamer with the LGCM to really get at some of the more difficult spots.

Not that the LGCM is a bad machine, but doing vehicles with lots of carpet real estate (mini vans come to mind) an extractor is worth the money.

my $.02 worth...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBuddha
    I got the heated version off amazon, for less then 100 shipped. I like it as a spot treater, but I would say that if your doing carpets on a daily basis, a heated extractor would be better. The suction is not that strong IME, and I had to combo my steamer with the LGCM to really get at some of the more difficult spots.

Not that the LGCM is a bad machine, but doing vehicles with lots of carpet real estate (mini vans come to mind) an extractor is worth the money.

my $.02 worth...

Yeah, the BLGM is NOT for professional use, its a great lil weekend tool. :usa
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information