Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by another qx4
    Hi. My steering wheel has been through a few years of "abuse". I remember when it had a supple matte finish and it was really easy to grip. Now the leather is absolutely smooth, glossy (like how something would look after being drenched in Armor All :hairpull ), and slippery. I tried Meguiar`s gold class leather cleaner/condition with a MF towel and it didn`t help much. What formula, cleaners, and conditioners do i use to try my best and restore the steering wheel?

This is a cut and paste from the other forum related to this thread…highlighting the before and after result.

Quote:

I have a 2008 M3 coupe with the black novillo leather. The car has 25k miles and there are a couple of issues with the leather that I would like to possibly address and correct.

1) With use, the leather covered steering wheel has become shiny. I would like to restore it to its original matte condition. The same is true of the bolster on the driver`s seat. I would like to restore the bolster to its original matte finish.

As far as products are considered, I`ve been using the BMW leather conditioner kit which is basically a rub in conditioner. I believe I will need more specialized products to address my issues.

I will update the thread with some pictures and hope to document the restoration process within the thread as well.

I`ve included some pictures of the areas that I would like to work on. Let me know what would be the best approach.

Steering Wheel Unwanted Shine

Close-up of shine

So I`ve received the entire cleaning kit and decided to test out the products today. I`ve attached two pictures from my project.

1) The first one is of the steering wheel with the second round of the Prep-7.7. The first round removed a lot of grime and shine, but there were still a couple of problem areas, so I decided to re-apply the solution for a longer period of time. As I type this, the steering wheel has been soaking for an hour or so. I intend to leave it for another 4 or 5 hours at least.

Today has been full of good news!

1) Steering Wheel

I am happy to say that my steering wheel is as good as new. The 2 days of cling wrap soaking really cleaned up the top and left sides of the steering wheel. Without further adieu, here are the pictures:

Right

Left

Bottom

For more details go to this link: First Post and My Project Details of a 2008 BMW M3 Coupe with the Black Novillo Leather! - Leather Cleaning Restoration Forum

Roger Koh

info@leatherdoctor.com

Post Thanks / Like

Try with Leather Clean to remove all strong stains from steer wheel. I hope this will help you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information