Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I got my Zaino Ultimate Protection kit and I am a bit confused on what steps I should follow.

I know I am going to wash and clay and then use the Z5 polish but how should I apply it (do I need to use the ZFX. How many coats of the Z5? After I apply that I need to follow up with Z2? Should I use the ZFX.

Thanks,

Dinis

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use zfx if your planning on doing more than one coat of either z5 or z2. You can top z2 on top z5 or vise versa but on darker cars people (including myself) usually just layer z5.

Application: Apply it as thin as possible to the point where you can`t even see the product, with the supplied applicator or a clean foam applicator or microfiber. Let sit for 30min-1hr wipe with clean microfiber then you can go over the car with z6 or z8 to remove residue and increase the gloss.

Hope this helps!
    Located East Central Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    So basically if I am going to layer the z5 to reduce the swirling on my finish I should use the ZFX with it so it cures faster. Once each coat hazes i can remove and reapply the next coat of Z5?

Once I am happy with the finish I could just apply the Z2 with the ZFX as well (since I would probably do 2 layers of this as well)?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just FYI- z-5 polish is not technically a "polish" it is advertise to to fill swirls but i find it does very little if any filling, i use it strictly as a LSP.

But you are correct, if you are going to layer you will need zfx, i believe you can do a max of 3 coats a day with zfx (i could be wrong on that number, says on the back of the bottle)
    Located East Central Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use ZFX, you can do 3 layers of any Zaino polish (Z2/Z5) in 24 hours.

Your process should be like this:

2 times Z-5p with ZFX

1 layer of Z-2p

I would wait about 30 mins till buffing off each layer. It also depends on the air and humidity as well for drying times.

Sometimes, you can get away buffing off the polish after 15 mins of application.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino, like Menzerna, a great product that can be so confusing [img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/fragend/confused-smiley-014.gif[/i

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macruz19
    If you use ZFX, you can do 3 layers of any Zaino polish (Z2/Z5) in 24 hours.

Your process should be like this:

2 times Z-5p with ZFX

1 layer of Z-2p

I would wait about 30 mins till buffing off each layer. It also depends on the air and humidity as well for drying times.

Sometimes, you can get away buffing off the polish after 15 mins of application.

This is exactly what I do too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar
    This is exactly what I do too.

I did it for a while, but I got too tired and I did not want to spend my whole evening doing this.

I now do (after clay and polish)

Z-AIO

Z-5p with ZFX

Z-CS

Day 2

Z-8
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh! Zaino, like Menzerna, two great products, but they create so much confusion. Makes me love my Ultima even more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    Ahh! Zaino, like Menzerna, two great products, but they create so much confusion. Makes me love my Ultima even more.

It takes time, but it`s well worth the learning and result experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are not using Z-AIO as your first coat you need to use ZFX. If you do use Zaio as your first cat you do not need ZFX unless you are going to apply more than 1 coat of Z5p or Z2p.

I would Z5p/ZFX and then follow up with Z2p.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by z06meister
    If you are not using Z-AIO as your first coat you need to use ZFX. If you do use Zaio as your first cat you do not need ZFX unless you are going to apply more than 1 coat of Z5p or Z2p.

I would Z5p/ZFX and then follow up with Z2p.

I always use ZFX if I`m using 1 or 2 coats as well as having Z-AIO to start off. That`s just me. I need to use all my ZFX before it starts to go bad. I barely use it because my Z-AIO/Z5p/Z-CS combo last so long.

I think I need to use Z-5 monthly again :dig

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Thank you guys for your help. I can`t wait to see how its gonna look on my grey TSX.

Thanks,

Dinis

Thread Information