Post Thanks / Like
    How do you guys feel about the "magnetbra". It`s a car bra made of thick, pliable magnetic material that hugs the car without flapping about, like a leather bra can, and it is also form fitting. I`m thinking of getting one for my car because of the ridiculous number of rock chips I`ve repaired.

2 questions...

Do you think the magnetic material does any damage to the car`s paint? What kind?

How would you guys go about taking care of the paint once it is on. (Apparently the bra is easy to remove and can be removed as many times as necessary for washes, etc. But, what other precautions might be recommended?)

I would imagine, and from what I can gather from the images, it is similar to those magnetic stick on company signs. I`m sure some of the professional detailers on this site have cared for cars with these kinds of magnets attached to them. What have you found?

On another but similar topic, I am also an avid cyclist, and I use a roof mounted bike rack a great deal during the summer though I don`t leave it on all the time. What experience do you guys have with these roof mounted racks and car paint at the contact points? (The feet on my Yakima rack are replaceable and made of a clear, silicone-like material.)

Post Thanks / Like
    1) sounds terrible to me, magnet bra. I would advise some 3M or similar paint film (PPF).

2) I`ve used the racks, as long as you are cautious, you should be fine.

Thread Information