Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    All,

I recently posted in the original "Vroom towels" thread, indicating that I like their MF drying towel immensely. However, I`m not so married to this opinion anymore!

During my last drying session on Tuesday, I accidentally dropped the towel on the ground, consequently attracting small twigs and other miscellaneous debris. Unfazed, I switched drying towels and finished my job. However, last night, I attempted to wash my towel along with my non-glass MF`s on a heavy duty cycle in my washing machine. To my disbelief, upon completing the cycle, I realized that the static charge/nap/whatever allowed the towel to STILL retain the contaminants on the heavy nap side of the towel!

My question is two-fold: 1)How do I remove the debris, and 2)Do other drying towels come pre-packaged with this `degree of difficulty?`

I`ll try to get pics after I leave the office today.

Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience, all nappy polish type MFs hold debris through the wash cycle. I no longer throw them on floor to collect between washings, I now put them in a bucket to help w/ this. I also inspect each and every one before use picking out whatever may grip on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by citizen arcane
    In my experience, all nappy polish type MFs hold debris through the wash cycle. I no longer throw them on floor to collect between washings, I now put them in a bucket to help w/ this. I also inspect each and every one before use picking out whatever may grip on them.

Dang, so I gotta pick it out before washing? Man that sucks! Oh well...better to do that than to swirl up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aabablusaan
    All,

I recently posted in the original "Vroom towels" thread, indicating that I like their MF drying towel immensely. However, I`m not so married to this opinion anymore!

During my last drying session on Tuesday, I accidentally dropped the towel on the ground, consequently attracting small twigs and other miscellaneous debris. Unfazed, I switched drying towels and finished my job. However, last night, I attempted to wash my towel along with my non-glass MF`s on a heavy duty cycle in my washing machine. To my disbelief, upon completing the cycle, I realized that the static charge/nap/whatever allowed the towel to STILL retain the contaminants on the heavy nap side of the towel!

My question is two-fold: 1)How do I remove the debris, and 2)Do other drying towels come pre-packaged with this `degree of difficulty?`

I`ll try to get pics after I leave the office today.

Thanks all!
    Why bother, just use for wheels and engine cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont drop it on the ground perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by citizen arcane

I don`t think any towels are as bad as the Vroom Drying Towel at collecting EVERYTHING in its nap. I cannot stand mine. I have the Water Devourer Danase.com which is even plusher and it is easy to remove stuff that sticks to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SShine
    Dont drop it on the ground perhaps?

Some times you drop a towel, sometimes while drying rocker panels a corner hits the ground, etc.. Accidents happen, and when they do, the Vroor Drying Towel picks up EVERYTHING on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    I have the Water Devourer Danase.com which is even plusher and it is easy to remove stuff that sticks to it.

Guess I should have said "In my experience w/ crappy 16" polish cloths..blah,blah." :doh Will get some from Danase and add `em to my list of other stuff from them. However I have no probs w/ my quality waffle weaves I use for drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Why bother, just use for wheels and engine cleaning.

It`s HUGE!!! Way too big for those jobs... Plus, I use another MF for wheel cleaning. I haven`t tackled engine cleaning yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    Some times you drop a towel, sometimes while drying rocker panels a corner hits the ground, etc.. Accidents happen, and when they do, the Vroor Drying Towel picks up EVERYTHING on the ground.

Precisely. I dropped it, PLUS, due to it`s size, it does drag the ground when doing rockers. In a way, it`s good that it grabs that well, but dang!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aabablusaan
    Precisely. I dropped it, PLUS, due to it`s size, it does drag the ground when doing rockers. In a way, it`s good that it grabs that well, but dang!

During the winter time I were Neoprene gloves, very easy to drop a towel then.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for the original problem, can you use a comb or something to remove the trapped debris? I have just tried to pick stuff out by hand.

I think trapping stuff sounds good despite the fact it is not particular what it traps.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    MF`s are inherently "grabby" and it is a pain to remove small debris. Tweezers are helpful.

I usually wash dropped or extra dirty MF`s by hand, run them in hot running water then soak in hot water / detergent mix.
    Kent

2002 530i Sterling Grau

1992 525i Schwarz

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjv1
    MF`s are inherently "grabby" and it is a pain to remove small debris. Tweezers are helpful.

I usually wash dropped or extra dirty MF`s by hand, run them in hot running water then soak in hot water / detergent mix.

That`s the way i have to go, I think. Hand wash, then soak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information