Post Thanks / Like
    So, I want to take advantage of AutoGeek`s 15% off and free shipping to get an UDM. I need to know what kit or selection of stuff to get!

I know I want an UDM, and a variety of pads. I`m going to be doing correction on my friends moderately to heavy swirled black Grand Prix, my neglected maroon Buick before I sell it, and mild swirl correction and protection on my Polar White Scion xB.

I want to get the best bang for my money, and possibly keep it below $200 if I can. So what pad`s products should I get? I was thinking of a pad kit with a variety of pads and some Optimum products. Optimum Compound, Polish, and Opti-Seal I think.

Can anyone help me putting this together? I want to get it tonight possibly or tomorrow. I`ve got waxes and sealants pretty much covered, I`ll probably grab some more later though. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Best pads to get are the cheap 5.5" orange/white pads. Buy at least 6 and 6. On a 5" bp it will do alot of corrections. Maybe some blue or red finishing pads. You may also want sip to correct. OP is fine to finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll second that as well.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input, the UDM comes with a 5" backing plate right?

Can you help me pick some pads out from AutoGeek? Like brand, ect? Maybe a link? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think the 15% off covers UDMs.

Post Thanks / Like
    It says it does.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pads you buy will be determined by the condition of the paint you`re correcting. If the paint isnt bad, you dont a yellow....

I would go with a Orange, White, Green and Gray/Blue and order 2 of both. This will help you in case a pad rips or of gets to full with polish. Have you tried the menzerna kit? I also think autopia is offering a sale on its kit as well: Car Polishers: Sonus SFX Ultimate Detailing Machine , which comes with the Sonus pads and polishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSIGuy
    So, I want to take advantage of AutoGeek`s 15% off and free shipping to get an UDM. I need to know what kit or selection of stuff to get!

I see the free shipping on orders over $75, but were is the 15% discount listed? Also, at the bottom of the page for the UDM it says "Additional discounts are not applicable." so it appears the 15% wouldn`t apply.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can try it by putting in the coupon code. You`ll have a chance to see if the total amount is discounted before proceeding to the final checkout where you have to pay.

My flyer says UDM and UDM kits are included in PBMA15 code.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraser
    I see the free shipping on orders over $75, but were is the 15% discount listed? Also, at the bottom of the page for the UDM it says "Additional discounts are not applicable." so it appears the 15% wouldn`t apply.

You have to use the code "PBMA15" when you check out. You will then see the 15% discount and the free shipping over $75.00

And YES it does include the UDM and UDM kits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    And YES it does include the UDM and UDM kits.
    Verified. Ordered one a few days ago and it was included. Might I add how quickly it got here too. Ordered the box late on tuesday night, it was at my house friday morning. Haven`t gotten a chance to open it though yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSIGuy
    Thanks for the input, the UDM comes with a 5" backing plate right?

Can you help me pick some pads out from AutoGeek? Like brand, ect? Maybe a link? lol

Orange Low Profile 5.5 Inch Pad 6 Pack CLOSE OUT

5.5 inch Dual Action Pad Combo - not sure why I can`t find the 6 pack white for the same price as the orange. :sadpace: :sadpace: :sadpace:

CCS foam buffing pads,foam polishing pads,lake country foam pads,foam polisher pads,buffer pads,lake county pads,porter cable pads,pads for air sander - if you order the orange pads only above, get a 3 pack of whites and blue pads. You don`t really need other kind of pads, unless you want to play around. :laugh:

SIP to correct paint - Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, Menzerna PO 83 , Mernzerna PO85RD 3.02

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thread Information