Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m not a detailer but I like to take car of my car but I went to discount auto parts ( ) and all the microfiber towels were made in china. The lambwools and sheepwools I find there are also made in China. Where can I get these simple products in a department store where they are made in America? I went to Walmart & Target as well and nothing. Please help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well MF towels are made in one of two places, Korea or China. What you want to try to look for with MF towels are brand names. For a good OTC use Viking from K-Mart or Sears.

I usually use a Home Dept grout sponge to wash, but when I used a wool wash mitt, it was a Viking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything is made in China. End of story.

Post Thanks / Like
    The orange 16 x 16 Vroom MF`s at Target are actually really good.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some MF`s from advance auto and theyre good for general use, I use them for buffng off polish, I haven`t had a problem with scratches or anything like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    are the one in costco good quality? its like 12 bucks for 20 or 24 or more...im not sure...trying to find MF towels locally here..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    The orange 16 x 16 Vroom MF`s at Target are actually really good.

I agree i have 3 packages of them
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SShine
    I have some MF`s from advance auto and theyre good for general use, I use them for buffng off polish, I haven`t had a problem with scratches or anything like that.

Bro, I am only telling you this because I like you.

Advance Auto carries some of the crappiest towels out there IMO.:nervous2: I like Advanced Auto for other reasons but their MF towels are horrible. Auto Zone at least sometimes carries Vikings, but Advance Auto carries I think Mirage, it is the worst crap that I have ever seen, even worse that the older Microtexs at Walmart. The towels are paper thin and the weaving is less than desirable. The towel is just plain flat. Plus I question the longevity of it. By looking at your truck you do some quality work go ahead and get some high quality towels, my friend.

And if you post something else about the AdvaceAuto MF Towels :nervous2: again, I am going to act like I don`t know you anymore. :ignore OK :dance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SShine

Bro, I am only telling you this because I like you.

Advance Auto carries some of the crappiest towels out there IMO.:nervous2: I like Advanced Auto for other reasons but their MF towels are horrible. Auto Zone at least sometimes carries Vikings, but Advance Auto carries I think Mirage, it is the worst crap that I have ever seen, even worse that the older Microtexs at Walmart. The towels are paper thin and the weaving is less than desirable. The towel is just plain flat. Plus I question the longevity of it. By looking at your truck you do some quality work go ahead and get some high quality towels, my friend.

And if you post something else about the AdvaceAuto MF Towels :nervous2: again, I am going to act like I don`t know you anymore. :ignore OK :dance:LOLOL:LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    So where is the best place to get micro fiber towels locally? in other words.... Best bang for the buck

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to like the Target`s Vroom towels, but then was introduced to the Viking towels at Kmart. They are a little more expensive, but they are worth it IMO.

I use to like the Orange Vrooms also, but the dye keep leaking out onto my other towels, and I had about 4 bad ones that failed the CD test with the edging. That is just my experience though. You may like them. They are usually pretty well priced for the amount that you get. I know though that if I use Vroom again that I am going to go with the Grey towels, which is slightly more plush than the orange towels, and also a litttle more expensive.

I like the Vikings though because they are the only OTC brand that I have found so far, that has edging protection (Satin Edges).

If you can find the vikings for sale then that is the best bang for the buck. Remeber though that sometimes, quaility costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    how much does the Vroom cost in target compared to the Vikings?? try to search it online but couldnt find anything...i guess only in stores....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicalrev
    are the one in costco good quality? its like 12 bucks for 20 or 24 or more...im not sure...trying to find MF towels locally here..

I think they come in 25 pack, but BJ`s have a 25 pack for $10. The brand is something trader Detail. I forgot. I cant remember if its $10 or $12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicalrev
    how much does the Vroom cost in target compared to the Vikings?? try to search it online but couldnt find anything...i guess only in stores....

target vrooms -

Grey - 2pack/ $6.99 - A little pricey people say its worth it. Havent tried them, but felt them. There plush and nice.

Orange - Comes in 12pack i think - Sell for $9.99. There thinner, but they look nice for interior/wheels. I dont see the problem using on paint if they dont scratch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the yellow MFs from Costco. Great deal. Some folks on this board claim the towels are too coarse. I don`t see it. I like to think of the towels as Whole Grains for your finish...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information