Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Since every1 is crazy about the GS...i drove 15 miles just for 4 GS that cost less than 10 bucks...gf said i`m nuts to drive that far for a grout sponge..she thought i am buying to clean the toilet..hahaha......anyway just hope that the GS will live up to my expectations...lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicalrev
    Since every1 is crazy about the GS...i drove 15 miles just for 4 GS that cost less than 10 bucks...gf said i`m nuts to drive that far for a grout sponge..she thought i am buying to clean the toilet..hahaha......anyway just hope that the GS will live up to my expectations...lol...

It`s worth the drive, plus you bought 4 so you can stock up instead of going back and fourth like i did :hmph:
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s funny to mention is when I was in Lowe`s, the car wash section has its own `car wash sponge` for a few dollars more. Someone put the Proline EASY GRIP sponge in there!!! Yes, just 1 Easy Grip and it totally stood out among the rests, which are bigger and more expensive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicalrev
    Lol! My wife still asks why I need so many of them. I said, I don`t, they just look nice with my other detailing supplies and somehow I feel better knowing they are there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    I feel better knowing they are there.

since they`re so inexpensive, it`s good to know that you stocked up. you never know these days with Lowes, HD, etc,. they can discontinue an item at any given time. that`s okay, as long as this GS isn`t ever one of those items... :nono :faint:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was a HD GS user. Then I tried a Proline GS.

Pros: Rinses Well, Almost to new; Very soft, can bend and shape into nooks and crannies that the HD GS cannot go.

Cons: Doesn`t hold water was well as the HD GS. Also, doesn`t seem to pull dirt away from the paint as well as the HD GS. I had to go over some spots a few more times than the HD GS.

Bottom line: The Pros are created b/c the very-porous nature of the Proline. However, this also creates the cons, the extra-large pores also make it more more permeable with water. Water `flows` through it well (makes a better rinse), but also disables its ability to hold a lot of water. I also thought the pores were too large and didn`t capture all the dirt. Thus, I had to go over sections more than the HD GS.

Which to use: I`ve come to realize, I`m dropping the GS concept overall. Too many trade-offs with both. I`ve been using the Walmart WW now. They are super soft: When folded, gives me 16 sections per towel to wash. I use 6 towels to ONR wash my car. (4 wash: 2 Dry) No need to rinse the towels just use then get a new one. I only use 1 Gallon to wash the car. At $3.00 for 2, it`s a steal. GS (HD and Proline) will get relegated to the wheels.

These are only my expressed opinions. Use what works well for YOU. Please ingest my commentary like a tomato: With a grain of salt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBlueCivic
    Well, I was a HD GS user. Then I tried a Proline GS.

Pros: Rinses Well, Almost to new; Very soft, can bend and shape into nooks and crannies that the HD GS cannot go.

Cons: Doesn`t hold water was well as the HD GS. Also, doesn`t seem to pull dirt away from the paint as well as the HD GS. I had to go over some spots a few more times than the HD GS.

Bottom line: The Pros are created b/c the very-porous nature of the Proline. However, this also creates the cons, the extra-large pores also make it more more permeable with water. Water `flows` through it well (makes a better rinse), but also disables its ability to hold a lot of water. I also thought the pores were too large and didn`t capture all the dirt. Thus, I had to go over sections more than the HD GS.

Which to use: I`ve come to realize, I`m dropping the GS concept overall. Too many trade-offs with both. I`ve been using the Walmart WW now. They are super soft: When folded, gives me 16 sections per towel to wash. I use 6 towels to ONR wash my car. (4 wash: 2 Dry) No need to rinse the towels just use then get a new one. I only use 1 Gallon to wash the car. At $3.00 for 2, it`s a steal. GS (HD and Proline) will get relegated to the wheels.

These are only my expressed opinions. Use what works well for YOU. Please ingest my commentary like a tomato: With a grain of salt.
    Gotta use what works for you. :xyxthumbs

Rob G
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either grout sponge works well IMHO - and thanks to everyone for all the excellent advice from this forum!! I just tried the lowes gs today and give it the edge over the hd one since the lowes GS is softer and rinses cleaner. I used the two bucket method today and found the lowes GS holds plenty of suds and rinses clean quickly.

I used the hd GS on the wheels and it works great there - the extra firmness gives a little added pressure to get the brake dust off the front wheels.

Thanks again to everyone here for the great tips. RG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob22315
    I just tried the lowes gs today and give it the edge over the hd one since the lowes GS is softer and rinses cleaner. I used the two bucket method today and found the lowes GS holds plenty of suds and rinses clean quickly.

this has been my experience as well... :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob22315
    Either grout sponge works well IMHO - and thanks to everyone for all the excellent advice from this forum!! I just tried the lowes gs today and give it the edge over the hd one since the lowes GS is softer and rinses cleaner. I used the two bucket method today and found the lowes GS holds plenty of suds and rinses clean quickly.

I used the hd GS on the wheels and it works great there - the extra firmness gives a little added pressure to get the brake dust off the front wheels.

Thanks again to everyone here for the great tips. RG
    Agree! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    So one of these sponges is better than a microfiber washmit? I`m confused! Sorry for being such a newb! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a personal preference thing. I have really never used microfiber wash mitts because I feel they don`t have a long enough nap, but I have used sheepskins and I like my grout sponge better than my sheepskin. But that`s just my personal preference, I`m sure there are others who prefer their sheepskin to a grout sponge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still use both, but I use the GS mostly when using ONR. When I can have a lot of soapy water slopped around, then I use both, but mostly the mitt.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally found some at another Lowes. I picked up 6, along with a soap gun. C`mon Spring, get here already!

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to me that what might be a great ONR tool is a sponge covered with the new PLUSH microfiber. Has anyone seen something like this?

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information