Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I must note that I went to Lowes twice before I found the Proline sponges. Not sure if its just my store, but they were all the way up front by the contractors desk (not back in tile). Either way, I bought them fore $2.60 per :xyxthumbs
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik89si
    Thanks for the thread! I went and picked up two Pro-Line sponges from Lowe`s tonight. Quite a bit softer than the QEP GS that I got from Home Depot, and a bit smaller as well, which I like. I am anxious to try them out tomorrow.

Let us know how you like them. They also work great with ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhadden
    I must note that I went to Lowes twice before I found the Proline sponges. Not sure if its just my store, but they were all the way up front by the contractors desk (not back in tile). Either way, I bought them fore $2.60 per :xyxthumbs

$2.60? They usually go for around $1.87 or less and are found with the cleaning supplies (mops, brooms, etc) Did you get the right one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    $2.60? They usually go for around $1.87 or less and are found with the cleaning supplies (mops, brooms, etc) Did you get the right one?

that`s what i was thinking as well? :aww: once again, there is a pic of it in the first post of this thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought an extra one yesterday (I figured why not, I was at Lowe`s getting lumber), and it was still $1.87. Did you compare it to the one in tiling? Like Doc said, I found mine with the cleaning supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the one that I saw at Lowe`s for $2.60 was the XL version of the Pro-Line sponge. It didn`t seem as soft to me and it was a bit larger than the version that I bought.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the one that I saw at Lowe`s for $2.60 was the XL version of the Pro-Line sponge. It didn`t seem as soft to me and it was a bit larger than the version that I bought.

I was also concerned with the GS from Lowes, but once it`s wet it`s very soft and safe on your finish.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to check them out at lowes, as i work there to.

Post Thanks / Like

it`s not as soft as the one mentioned here. once again... this is the one to buy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    Pretty sure I did...I`ll have to go double check!
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    They definitely aren`t as soft at first as they are after a wash or two. But once they get wet they do soften up, and after you wash a few times they feel a lot better.

Post Thanks / Like
    so Lowes`s GS is softer/better than the Home Depot`s GS? Lowes is located 20 miles away from me while HD is like 4 miles away!! hahaha...is there any where else to get the proline GS?? Sears?? Target?? Wal-mart?? Costco??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicalrev
    so Lowes`s GS is softer/better than the Home Depot`s GS?

that`s for you to decide, they are both excellent choices... :2thumbs:

Quote Originally Posted by Radicalrev
    is there any where else to get the proline GS?? Sears?? Target?? Wal-mart?? Costco??

only at lowes that i`m aware of...

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried the Home Depot sponges yet. I intend to get a few for the lower panels that get caked up with mud. Lots of construction in my neighborhood=lots of mud when it rains. Detaildoc, which sponge do you use for your wheels? Home Depot or Lowes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya13
    I haven`t tried the Home Depot sponges yet. I intend to get a few for the lower panels that get caked up with mud. Lots of construction in my neighborhood=lots of mud when it rains. Detaildoc, which sponge do you use for your wheels? Home Depot or Lowes?
    For the wheels I prefer the HD GS because it is a bit harder. To clean between the spokes I use the EZ Detailing brush. You can also cut up the sponge in smaller pieces and use that.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information