Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    well after saying that i needed to get a few more of these, i stopped by Lowes today. i go to look where they should be and they only had the easy grip version and the jumbo on display on the floor . i proceed to look in the flooring dept and they only had the tile solutions and so forth. so i talk to one of the associates (told him what i was looking for and he looked it up on the computer after calling another store to get the item number) and they said they had over 20 in-stock, so we both walk back over to the cleaning supplies aisle and sure enough, spotted way up high on the overstock shelves, i found them (he was wondering why they weren`t out on display)! naturally i bought 2 more and the guy who helped me find them, bought one after i told him what i was using it for LOL/Bwahahaha...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up 3 of them to try out. Ive never used a grout sponge on a car before and I`m pretty skeptical.

It seems to be the rage nowadays here so I *had* to give it a shot!

See what youve started SpoiledMan....

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone done a long term test on these sponges to see if they mar or not?

Eg. polished out swirl free black car and do one side with a sheepskin and one with a sponge? And I`m not talking about someone who lives in the sun belt where they don`t sand the roads etc? And where dirty cars are washed not dusty cars that are washed 4 times a week.

Large pores or not there is still a lot of areas where there isn`t large pores.

How are they for releasing the grit?
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    How are they for releasing the grit?
    They release dirt very easily. This is one thing that I do like about them.

I find myself using both a sheepskin mitt and a grout sponge though.

Reason being because the GS is so soft that it does not do a good job removing bugs or anything that does not easily wipe off. The sheepskin mitt doesn`t have a problem removing the bugs, especially on the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still using my 1st GS from Lowes. It`s over a month old now, and still working like it`s new.

I`ve used my GS for my Z-7 washes and ONR. I`m sure it releases most, or if not.. all of the dirt when you squeeze the sponge. I think the GS cleans better with reg car soap. Usually I use ONR one week, and the next week Z-7 using the same sponge.

When I dump my water out of the bucket, I see all the sand and dust under the grit guard, so I`m pretty sure the GS is doing it`s job.

The only marring I can see is probably from my QD sessions. I have not seen or experienced any marring with the GS yet. I`ll be polishing after LOVE BUG Season!
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s the one I got......never tried hd sponge.......

Post Thanks / Like
    We had the store manager killed in our Home Depot last May. The prices there are killers, too.:grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    We don`t have Lowes in the UK and I`m guessing they won`t export one to me. Who actually makes these sponges? Is Proline Professional an in-house brand by Lowes, or an independent brand? I canĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t find any mention of PP elsewhere -not related to sponges at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ones I`ve seen say Made in Greece on them, but then they look like some private label has been applied, so I`m sure the label isn`t the manufacturer. It might take a bit of research to find out who actually makes them.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for checking, SuperBee

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just at Lowes today and found the Proline sponges that autopians have been raving about. Here is what I found:

1. Easy Grip XL is definitely not soft. I would not use this on my car even though it probably does get softer when wet.

2. The rectangular Grout Sponge that everyone`s been using was NOT softer than the regular sized easy grip (non XL). This was not my imagination...the easy grip was clearly softer. This may be limited to the sponges at this particular store, but I read a post by an autopian on the other side of the country (I`m in Socal) experienced the same thing. However, I know detaildoc and the other OG GS Socal users felt that the rectangular grout sponge was softer than the easy grip, so inspect the products before making your own decision!

3. I`ve searched and am not sure if this has been brought up before, but there`s also a Professional Deluxe Cellulose sponge by Proline in the very same section...also priced at just under $2. It is orangish and BY FAR the softest Proline in the store. It was so much softer that I was about to make the impulse purchase, but refrained and decided I`d post here before making the plunge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joebangaa
    I was just at Lowes today and found the Proline sponges that autopians have been raving about. Here is what I found:

1. Easy Grip XL is definitely not soft. I would not use this on my car even though it probably does get softer when wet.

2. The rectangular Grout Sponge that everyone`s been using was NOT softer than the regular sized easy grip (non XL). This was not my imagination...the easy grip was clearly softer. This may be limited to the sponges at this particular store, but I read a post by an autopian on the other side of the country (I`m in Socal) experienced the same thing. However, I know detaildoc and the other OG GS Socal users felt that the rectangular grout sponge was softer than the easy grip, so inspect the products before making your own decision!

3. I`ve searched and am not sure if this has been brought up before, but there`s also a Professional Deluxe Cellulose sponge by Proline in the very same section...also priced at just under $2. It is orangish and BY FAR the softest Proline in the store. It was so much softer that I was about to make the impulse purchase, but refrained and decided I`d post here before making the plunge!

as mentioned many, many times, the softest and nicest GS from all the ones they carry are these (i`ve felt and examined all of them very closely), IMO...

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s the exact one I used and I too agree it is the softest one that Lowe`s offers.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Could it have been limited to the batch? There were several of each type of sponge and the rectangular one was consistently stiffer than the "easy grip." Does anybody have any comments on the "deluxe cellulose" one? It looked like the most promising of all the Prolines...it was DEFINITELY the softest one.

this is what i`m talking about

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone? i know i made my own thread, sorry for taking up bandwidth

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information