Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    It seems to me that what might be a great ONR tool is a sponge covered with the new PLUSH microfiber. Has anyone seen something like this?

at big lots they have a blue mf covered sponge for $2 that looks like it would be good for ONR...

Post Thanks / Like
    So I decided to try my wool mitt today to wash my car since I had not used it since discovering the GS. I finish washing and drying, I inspect the car with the halogens, and there it was on the lower panel of the passenger side, a series of scratches about 10-12 inches long . The car was very dirty and even though I used two buckets and rinsed the wool mitt often, it was not enough to keep from marring the paint. I ended up having to hit that part with the orange pad and SFX 2. If I ever had a doubt about the GS, I don`t now for sure. I don`t think this would have happened with the GS because it rinses out so well. Something must have gotten caught in that mitten, which was not released even after rinsing it and scrubbing it on the grit guard. Had not had swirls or scratches since discovering the Lowes GS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used the Proline GS today, for the first time. I am pretty impressed. This thing works really well. I love how you can get every nook and cranny by just squeezing it into the spot. It fits well in your hand, and very easy to rinse. My favorite part is that it doesn’t leave any lint or wool behind. That was a huge problem on my truck because of the edge of the lineX, and my fender trim. I would spend an extra 15-20 just trying to get the lint off.

As an added bonus I got my neighbor hooked on it as well. All in all I will be buying more of these things for the future. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    So I decided to try my wool mitt today to wash my car since I had not used it since discovering the GS. I finish washing and drying, I inspect the car with the halogens, and there it was on the lower panel of the passenger side, a series of scratches about 10-12 inches long .

Quote Originally Posted by SYDWAZ
    Used the Proline GS today, for the first time. I am pretty impressed. This thing works really well. I love how you can get every nook and cranny by just squeezing it into the spot. It fits well in your hand, and very easy to rinse. My favorite part is that it doesn’t leave any lint or wool behind. As an added bonus I got my neighbor hooked on it as well. All in all I will be buying more of these things for the future. :xyxthumbs

:up......

Post Thanks / Like
    So I decided to try my wool mitt today to wash my car since I had not used it since discovering the GS. I finish washing and drying, I inspect the car with the halogens, and there it was on the lower panel of the passenger side, a series of scratches about 10-12 inches long . The car was very dirty and even though I used two buckets and rinsed the wool mitt often, it was not enough to keep from marring the paint. I ended up having to hit that part with the orange pad and SFX 2. If I ever had a doubt about the GS, I don`t now for sure. I don`t think this would have happened with the GS because it rinses out so well. Something must have gotten caught in that mitten, which was not released even after rinsing it and scrubbing it on the grit guard. Had not had swirls or scratches since discovering the Lowes GS.

Since you were the original finder of the Lowes GS, why would you ever switch

Seriously, that`s good to know about the wool mitt. I was debating on whether or not to use it during a normal wash, I think I`ll just stick with the grout sponge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been following this GS hype for quite a while - here`s my question - would this work well while using my foamgun? I do a presoak and then rinse. Then I continuously flood each panel with the gun as I wash. Since it releases dirt so well, it should fare as well if not better than my wool mitt right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles99
    Since you were the original finder of the Lowes GS, why would you ever switch

Seriously, that`s good to know about the wool mitt. I was debating on whether or not to use it during a normal wash, I think I`ll just stick with the grout sponge.
    I was asking myself the same question. :think: Maybe it was just for old time sake. Threw that mitt in the trash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh, might have to give this GS a try. My sheepskins have outlasted their lifetime already.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

`if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it...` :chuckle: :grinno: :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you all think this "Cobra Bone" would work with ONR? It seems to be a plush microfiber on a sponge that would move the dirt away from the finish.

The Bone by Cobra is a soft, plush car wash sponge wrapped in microfiber for unbeatable softness. Use your favorite car shampoo with the bone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    How do you all think this "Cobra Bone" would work with ONR? It seems to be a plush microfiber on a sponge that would move the dirt away from the finish.

The Bone by Cobra is a soft, plush car wash sponge wrapped in microfiber for unbeatable softness. Use your favorite car shampoo with the bone

I`m sure the cobra bone is decent. From my experience using Cobra products.. they are soft, but a little ruff, and hate how they shed lint. I have the cobra wash mitt that I used to use with my Z-7 wash but it really never stayed soft. I`ve now moved my Cobra products to interior cleaning.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macruz19
    hate how they shed lint.
    I agree! That has been my complain of that line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    You should sell it anyway, I`m not going there anymore unless they get rid of those darn self-checkout lanes...gonna order my grout sponges from Excel if SpoiledMan will ever give us his rating on them!

sorry to revive an old thread but i hate home depot. Every time i go there someone threatens to kill me.

Last time i was trying to get through the aisle and there was a man there, and i said excuse me, and he wouldn`t move. Pretended like i didn`t exist (me being a nicely dressed teen and him a white trash curly red haired mullet disaster), anyways, There was one of those staircase things in the aisle also so it was really narrow and he was standing right in front of it. SO i had to just run over his feet. 5 minutes later I`m walking to the checkout and he starts yelling at me and threatens to kill me!

Never happens at Lowes with their wider aisles and higher income customers. Home depot can kiss my big customer butt goodbye.
    1994 SAAB 9000 CSE 2.3L Turbo

2001 SAAB 9-3 SE Convertible 2.0L Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boon4376
    sorry to revive an old thread but i hate home depot. Every time i go there someone threatens to kill me.

Last time i was trying to get through the aisle and there was a man there, and i said excuse me, and he wouldn`t move. Pretended like i didn`t exist (me being a nicely dressed teen and him a white trash curly red haired mullet disaster), anyways, There was one of those staircase things in the aisle also so it was really narrow and he was standing right in front of it. SO i had to just run over his feet. 5 minutes later I`m walking to the checkout and he starts yelling at me and threatens to kill me!

Never happens at Lowes with their wider aisles and higher income customers. Home depot can kiss my big customer butt goodbye.
    Ha, this is exactly why I`m always at Menard`s or Lowe`s anyways (all three are 1/2 mile from my house and 500 feet from each other) Fortanutely, I don`t deal with the trash as much in my area...only at the local Walmart (all the IL people come across the border to come to ours!)
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, you guys HD`s must be much different from ours. But hey, you *did* run over his feet. Did you at least say excuse me??
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information