Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    yea! i def know what you mean!!!! A senior on my LAX team has a mustang (one of the nices ones ive ever seen). He keeps it in tip top condition. We put a coat of wax on it every few months. But anyway, after lax practice i came outside to the parking lot and his girlfriend was on the hood of the car and i told her he will dump her if he sees her on his hood. She didnt believe me so she kept sitting there and just laughed off my comment. We just started talking about other things (I was getting a ride home from him) and then when he came out he looked at the hood and the button on the back of her jeans scratched it... he dumped her that second... no joke! I was like i told you so.

Ile never forget that.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    I could defenatly relate to trying to save money. It took me about 2 years to save up for my Escalade. I keep it lookin good all the time cause I had to go through hell to get it, and I`m proud of that!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I strongly recommend you don`t save all your money for buying a luxury BMW. BMW`s nowadays are great and beautiful, but I challenge anyone who say they are reliable. When repairs or issues come up, you`ll be digging deep into your pockets. It`s really not smart to spend so much on a car investment so young in your life when you can devote it to future training & savings.

Post Thanks / Like
    You do have a point!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whitejavaS500
    Dan,

Im almost 16, and was in your place about 2 years ago. At this point, I currently have just shy of $38,000 saved up after 4.5 years of hard work. The key is to save it, and dont spend it. You also have to work hard in school, and know how to manage your cash.

I`m about to purchase a 2003 Mercedes G500, have my father sign for it, and make the payments. Stupid? Utterly. But I`ll only be this age once, and when you love cars like we do, its the way to be. Then again, I do plan on retiring by 30, we`ll see if I can make that happen!

Good luck man! PM me with any questions.

Although that is commendable to have $38000 saved up, I would not buy a high end car in HS. My friend had his SRT8 backed into the second week he owned it during my senior year. Also, just a warning, but I gotta wonder how the government would feel about your savings since it must include some labor law and tax violations if you are only 16.

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it`s worth, leaving the top down all the time may also be detrimental to the convertable top, especially if it`s canvas. They need to be stretched into position and cleaned every so often, from what I`ve been reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Do you live in VA??

I did up until last September when I moved out here to CA for a job.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! long distance move! Hope it was worth it... which 1 do you like better (please say cali)... i hate VA... im gone 1st second i get. Either moving to CA or FL... or maybe Charleston, SC.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    It was quite worth it for my job. I`m in Northern CA, 45 min east of SF. I love it out here. VA isn`t so bad. It`s actually a really nice area (at least in northern VA where I lived) other than over-population and building homes one on top of the other. I just prefer here b/c of the weather (only rains a couple times in the summer = HEAVEN FOR LASTING DETAILING) and the little bit slower lifestyle, although not *that* much slower b/c it is near SF. I lived in DC for a couple years as well so I`m just tired of being surrounded by A-holes that are always mad at something and always rushing to get everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Danny-

I did look into a DBA permit, and actually once a town official came to my house because my kooky neighbor across the street called on me and told them that we were running a full out franchise out of our garage. The official told me that what i was doing didn`t require any type of permit, kind of like a little girl doing a pet sitting service, but it wouldn`t be a bad idea to get one. So, this new year coming, I might just get one!

Hope this helps,

Post Thanks / Like
    Those prices are perfectly acceptable for NOVA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Those prices are perfectly acceptable for NOVA.

Well, different experiences.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information