Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ^, When it`s the winter, I also notice some streaking, but the overall look after I clean the car using ONR is way better than it was originally.

I`ll live with streakin during the winter months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone has tried Magic Spray and wipe? I use the stuff now over a year. It`s from Australia, no chemicals, all natural. The website is carmagic.com.au

I use it with 1 bucket of water, a chamois, and a terry cloth. Works also great on the wheels to remove the break dust, and the interior.

tsantoro
    I used ONR for the first time yesterday and was very happy with the results on my 06 Lexus. The bottom half of the car was very dirty and my MF wash mitt was filthy when I finished even though I used a two bucket method. What concentration of ONR is used if you mist the car first as a pre-wash step to soften and loosen the dirt ? Also, do you use a quart bottle sprayer or a gallon garden sprayer to mist?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I did my prewash, I mixed the ONR in a large bucket (5 gallopn bucket) and then filled the sprayer from that. It worked for me but YMMV

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used ONR twice now.

The wash mitt picks up dirt great but it will not rinse clean even a rinse bucket. Is this normal? The only way I can clean them is with Dawn.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky

The wash mitt picks up dirt great but it will not rinse clean even a rinse bucket. Is this normal? The only way I can clean them is with Dawn.

Same thing happens to me with the GS. I believe I read in another thread that this is common and it is because ONR does not do a good job on releasing dirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you pre rinse your car before using ONR with sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky

What kind of mitt? My sheepskin mitts rinse out pretty well.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your mitt not releasing dirt is natural when using ONR. Just wash it out with with soap after you`re done.

ricka - I have both ONR and 4-1. I like ONR better because it requires only 1oz. to 2 gallons. 4-1 requires 1oz. to 1 gallon. Might not seem like a big deal, but it`s 50% less with ONR. ONR is also eco-friendly (the chemicals of ONR). Not sure if 4-1 is. I really believe in Optimum as a whole so I trust their products more than others. I personally like the smell of ONR better.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    My bottle of ONR arrived today. If it ever stops raining here I`m going to go get two buckets and some MF towels and clean my car.
    2001 Infiniti I30A

Upgrades: XM Radio

Coming: I35 Grill

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered the big bottle of ONR since I`m OCD about my car and I live in apts. but what is the proper method of using this. I was planning on the 2 bucket method, but you don`t have to do any pre-rinse do you? You just put the soap in one bucket, clean water in another and dry a panel at a time right?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes thats what i want to know too!! pre-rinse??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripperfx3
    I just ordered the big bottle of ONR since I`m OCD about my car and I live in apts. but what is the proper method of using this. I was planning on the 2 bucket method, but you don`t have to do any pre-rinse do you? You just put the soap in one bucket, clean water in another and dry a panel at a time right?

U do not have to pre rinse i use a 2 bucket system and 2 diff mitts one for the top half of the car and one for the bottom half. I also spray down the car with a garden sprayer just to make sure but u dont HAVE to do that.
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve stopped using the 2-bucket method. I just use one bucket with no grit guard. I`ve not had any problems with marring the paint or scratching. The dirt settles to the bottom and I use enough water that I`m not even close to putting my wash mitt on the bottom of the bucket.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too...just keep enough water in the bucket for dirt separation settling on the bottom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information