Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased a Foam Gun and DP extreme wash. My primary washing is and has been with ONR. However, on new customer vehicles, they usually have aweful exteriors as far as mud and dirt.

So, I am going to try the Foam Gun first, just rinse it off, then ONR. Has anyone tried this combo?? I think ONR`s biggest draw back is the amount of time spent cleaning out the cracks on body moldings and wheel wells, obivously because of the lack of water pressure. Dont get me wrong I will never go back to bucket wash. I my opinion, you can`t replicate the slicknesws and shine of ONR with bucket wash. So, I am feeling this out, all opinions please. Thanks.
    Reflections Mobile Detailing Services

"Refining the Art of Automotive Detailing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t that kind of defeat the purpose of ONR? Most people use ONR not for the "slickness and shine" (although that may be an added benefit) but for reduced time, water restriction, no effluent, or for below-freezing in-gargage washing. If you`ve got the hose out already, why not just wash it that way and then do an ONR QD wipe after you are done?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bdaly84
    I just purchased a Foam Gun and DP extreme wash. My primary washing is and has been with ONR. However, on new customer vehicles, they usually have aweful exteriors as far as mud and dirt.

So, I am going to try the Foam Gun first, just rinse it off, then ONR. Has anyone tried this combo??

I`ve tried it, using a BHB with the foamgun. IMO it`s better than just doing the ONR by itself (at least in the cases you`re talking about). The foamgun/BHB gets the "big stuff" off and reaches down into crevices/etc. Then it`s just "road film" that the ONR has to deal with.

If you like ONR then using the foamgun for a prewash should work out well. I like the BHB because of the way it rinses clean (cleaner than a mitt) while you`re spraying the foamgun`s output through the bristles- you can pretty much just walk around the vehicle doing the prewash. Not much need to rinse out the BHB IMO as my rinse water usually stays clean anyhow if I do things right with the foamgun/BHB combo ("right" being dislodge-and-flush).

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, please don`t yell, but I do not have the pics ready yet, but I had to report back about this combo. I purchased the Foam Gun and DP`s extreme foam wash. I tried it on my 2005 Dark blue Colorado...my detail work truck. WOW!!!

I basically pre-washed with the foam gun and Dp`s, let it sit for about 10 minutes or so, while I did my wheels. Rinsed it off completely...I could already see the depth coming through. I have been using ONR on the truck since I bought it new, so its always clean. I then ONR`d the truck as usual and when I was done, all I can say was Holy Sh!t. The depth was sick. Much better than a straight ONR wash. I mean I had neighbors come by and ask what wax I just used. They did not believe it was just a wash. I highly recommend trying it. I know it seems to defeat the purpose of the ONR, but the two in this combo, are out of this world.

I post pics as soon as I download them.
    Reflections Mobile Detailing Services

"Refining the Art of Automotive Detailing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you seem dead set on using ONR with a foam gun (IMO silly), how about this:

In the foam gun, 50% ONR, 50% Dp extreme foam.

Rinse vehicle, foam vehicle, wash with mitt, rinse again. Doing it that way you dont need a bucket at all, you just walk around the vehicle with a mitt and a foam gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231
    Since you seem dead set on using ONR with a foam gun (IMO silly), how about this:

In the foam gun, 50% ONR, 50% Dp extreme foam.

Rinse vehicle, foam vehicle, wash with mitt, rinse again. Doing it that way you dont need a bucket at all, you just walk around the vehicle with a mitt and a foam gun.

+1...Adding a bit of ONR to the gun will also help cut down on any water spotting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm!!

Ok, so a few things! DP Xtreme Foam is just a normal car shampoo with the fact that it has major sudsing ability. 1oz per gallon of water in your wash bucket and you have a fairly sleep decent shampoo (not to be confused with the normal DP Shampoo).

Secondly, you can use DP Xtreme foam by spraying the car with foam, leaving it to dwell for 10 mins or so (unlike Snow Foam this has cleaning ability not just softening abilities). Then wash off with a strong steam of water should leave your car very cery clean. You can then return to the car foam up again, and just use your wash mitt to clean the car spraying foam wiping. Rinse the wash mitt ever half panel or so.

DP Xtreme foam, unlike Snow Foam is acutally a shampoo and it lubricates, you dont need to add anything else to clean your car. Remeber spray your arches and rims it should be nothing more then maintence if your arches are "detailed" every few months and your Rims protected.

With Xtreme Foam, the ONR really isnt going to help that much.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR pretty much kills any foam IME, adding it to the foam gun with other soap may reduce DP EF foam abilities.

If you like this method, go for it, dont pay attention to curmudgeons.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always pre-rinse before using ONR. Helps reduce the potential for putting swirls in the paint. :xyxthumbs

Dont see much use in using a foam gun though.

Thread Information