Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Which microfibers would you all recommend that work great at removing polishes and waxes, but most importantly will not mar the finish? I`ve been looking at the Cobra brand towels, but was unsure of their quality. I`ve used Meguiars towels in the past, but they turn to crap after a few washes. What do you all like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam`s. I swear by them. You will be amazed. Great feeling, no scratching, perfect size, tag is not sewn on, really drink in alot before becoming smeary. All I use.

Check them out.

Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies - Adam`s Polishes - Super-Plush Microfiber Towel
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are god knows how many threads of this. Search.

But my recommendation is Auto Detailing and Car Cleaning Products, Tools, and Tutorials - Detailed Image. Their General purpose towels are amazing and are the only that touches my paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    There are god knows how many threads of this. Search.

But my recommendation is Auto Detailing and Car Cleaning Products, Tools, and Tutorials - Detailed Image. Their General purpose towels are amazing and are the only that touches my paint.

And his heart!

Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have Cobra towels and they are terrible in my opinion. All you need are PakShak Ultra Plush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unger is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineIRL
    Which microfibers would you all recommend that work great at removing polishes and waxes, but most importantly will not mar the finish? I`ve been looking at the Cobra brand towels, but was unsure of their quality. I`ve used Meguiars towels in the past, but they turn to crap after a few washes. What do you all like?

I strongly recommend the Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towel. They cut through polishes and waxes like no other and will not swirl at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    PakShak MF towels FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmhawaiidh
    Unger is incredible.
    WTH is a Unger?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to sound crazy, but I picked up some mf towels at walmart, bag`o`rags i think it was. Very soft and havent marred in the several months I have owned them. Decently priced also. If anyone uses ADS to get their detailing stuff, these towels are very similar to the blue mf`s he sells.

Post Thanks / Like
    how would you know that its marring when buffing the car with a towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blownvert
    how would you know that its marring when buffing the car with a towel?

If you use a halogen light, you can see it as soon as you wipe off the product. On my black coupe, i was wiping off Meg`s #80 with cheap Mf`s and was wondering why i was getting so much marring, switched towels, redid the panel, wiped off with a better towel and there was only clear reflection.

Post Thanks / Like
    BigJimZ28 and BigAl both turned me on to the OTC Viking towels. Their green detailing towel, is very plush and has satin edges. It is one of the better OTC towels that I have seen. KMart and Sears should carry them. I also have Vroom towels, and while I was impressed at first, I have since changed my mind with the last batch that I purchased because the edges seemed rough.

The boutique brands that I have are mostly just the Cobra Deluxe (Blue) and Jrs. (Purple). They are decent for a boutique brand, but not worth the money. I usually get these towels when Autogeek has a sale. WCDetail.com had some impressive towels for the money. I ordered two and I was pleasantly surprised at what I was given for the cost. I just wished that they made the detailing towel a little bigger. The Sonus towels are my favorite, I just would like for them to get rid of the sewn in tag on their buffing towel. Their white buffing/polishing towel cannot be beat.

I am looking and considering Adams and PakShack towels to try for the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys Mega-plush ....on sale now

see the DC forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tod071
    PakShak MF towels FTW!

Yup. Pakshak!
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information