Post Thanks / Like
    What would be the best approach to clean the interior roof of a vehicle. Mine is tan in color and its dirty. I know alot of people say to stay away from water because it will make the adhesive less sticky. Any suggestions from all your pros.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by galerie
    What would be the best approach to clean the interior roof of a vehicle. Mine is tan in color and its dirty. I know alot of people say to stay away from water because it will make the adhesive less sticky. Any suggestions from all your pros.

Thanks

I`m not sure there are a whole lot of ways to clean this. Here in NC, detailers are not allowed to touch the fabric / padding on the roof. They say it has something to do with fire protection.

Personally, I just wet a MF with a mild cleaning solution, such as watered down 3:1 or 4:1 carpet cleaner (after I mix a batch of carpet cleaner from the concentrate I use a portion of that mix and add in 3 or 4 parts water). I then press the MF into the ceiling and hold it there for a min. I do this for one section at a time blotting up the dirt. Rarely will I rub at all as the fabric is very delicate. I have had great luck with Bissell carpet / upholstery cleaner from wal-mart. The stuff in the blue container, or green for hypoallergenic.

I have only had to do this a couple of times on different vehicles I have. After, I tape off the trim and spray ScotchGuard fabric protector on it, two coats. After the scotch guard, I have never had to clean the ceiling again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vacuum well to start. Then wipe with a damp MF, well diluted with a mild cleaner like Woolite. Let dry and inspect. Do not over wet.

Thread Information