Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a 2004 Spider from a guy in Florida that kept the top down all the time. The car looks fine except some wrinkles/lighter wear lines I assume from sitting folded for prolonged periods of time. Any hints or thoughts for improving the visual appearance since the top isn`t otherwise showing any signs of wear to justify replacing the top?

Post Thanks / Like
    raggtopp protectant will probably make it look better

Post Thanks / Like
    I have similar wear/fold marks on my 02 996 Cab. LanceM`s suggestion is worded perfectly ... it will probably make it "look" better. It won`t fix roughing, or the now perminent wrinkled creases, but will darken the top and make them less noticable. I have heard or read somewhere that some replacement rag-top shops use a power steamer to take out some wrinkles. If it works on my clothes, maybe it`ll do the job. I use Raggtop all the time and endorse it`s abilities. Then again, there doesn`t seem to be anyone else making a decent competing product (that line should get some good input from others ;-), that I can find.

Although I`m in Jersey, I too leave the top down almost all spring/summer/fall. To prevent any further damage, I`ve taken the time to slowly hand fold the top as to prevent buckleing or pinching. As I do this I`m inserting two pieces of plastic sheets between the folds that touch. This method has proven quite satisfactory the last two years of ownership with no further roughing.

Good luck.
    SaintlySins

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoper
    I just bought a 2004 Spider from a guy in Florida that kept the top down all the time. The car looks fine except some wrinkles/lighter wear lines I assume from sitting folded for prolonged periods of time. Any hints or thoughts for improving the visual appearance since the top isn`t otherwise showing any signs of wear to justify replacing the top?

Well, there`s only one sure way to get rid of those wrinkles--send the car to me and you won`t ever have to look at them again:lol

Thread Information