Post Thanks / Like
    After 2 days of snowing, I washed my car for the first time using ONR.

Before I began washing, I realized I only had 3 clean microfiber towels so I grabbed my Absorber with me just in case. I washed one panel using sheepskin mitt and dried with a microfiber. The microfiber towel was already quite wet after the first panel. On the second sidedoor panel I washed with the sheepskin mitt and just pressed the Absorber up against the panel to suck most of the water off, then I proceeded using the microfiber to dry the little amount of water left. I must say this method worked really well for me as I didn`t even have to go through all 3 microfiber towels in the end.

Has anyone used the Absorber with ONR in this manner before? Please share your experience.

Next time I will try the grout sponge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the absorber all the time with ONR. At first i didn`t think it would work but after i tried it i never went back. I have a black car so i just blot dry my car with the absorber and it never gives me any problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, guys can you tell me a little more, I have an old absorber but only use for glass now a days.
    Peter Sterns

72 Porsche 911E Targa, 85 Audi 4000S Quattro, 03 Honda Element AWD, 04 Honda CRV AWD, 06 Scion Tc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pdsterns
    Hmmmm, guys can you tell me a little more, I have an old absorber but only use for glass now a days.

Bascially I cleaned/wiped each panel of my car with ONR and then I laid the Absorber down to soak up all the ONR solution left on the panel. I then dried the panel for good with the microfiber.

I found it by doing it the way I just described I did not have to go through all the microfibers in my inventory (only 3 ) Like dmcphee07SI said, you can just use the Absorber to blot dry the panels, much safer IMO to dry with microfiber completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve brought up this topic before, and the thing is that once the Absorber sucks most of the water off, the concern would be that if there are dirt particles left on the paint, then you will more likely mar the surface. I do not know whether it actually does mar, but it seems like a logical concern.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t use an absorber with ONR-no where for dirt to get trapped like with a MF towell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    I`ve brought up this topic before, and the thing is that once the Absorber sucks most of the water off, the concern would be that if there are dirt particles left on the paint, then you will more likely mar the surface. I do not know whether it actually does mar, but it seems like a logical concern.

I didn`t actually drag the Absorber across the surface to dry. I just laid it down on each panel and pressed down with my palms to soak up the water with the Absorber. I dried the panels off completely with microfiber towels.

Or are you saying that I should not use the Absorber and just let the ONR sit on the surface of the panel while I dry as a lubricant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I wouldn`t use an absorber with ONR-no where for dirt to get trapped like with a MF towell.

Read my post just above. Do you think the Absorber could do damage just by being pressed down onto the panel to soak up the ONR/water?

Post Thanks / Like
    like i said, i blot dry my car with it afer ONR. I use just enough pressure that it soaks up the water. I have a black car with very soft paint and i have no problems. Like the original poster, i sometimes do a quick once over with a MF towel and QD but it doesn`t always need it. Just don`t ever drag it across the paint, i don`t know if it will marr but i could see it happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never use ONR (So Ca weather rarely requires me to do so) but I have used the abosorber for the last 15 years without ever encountering a problem (no swirling, scratching, removing of wax etc). I can`t see there being a problem if you`re just "dabbing" up water with the absorber. Personally I have never bought into the theory that dirt particles migrate up the MF fibers, nestle safely & deep into the towel and all "walla" no swirls. Anything you rub across your paint has the potential to scratch your finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saralee
    I didn`t actually drag the Absorber across the surface to dry. I just laid it down on each panel and pressed down with my palms to soak up the water with the Absorber. I dried the panels off completely with microfiber towels.

Or are you saying that I should not use the Absorber and just let the ONR sit on the surface of the panel while I dry as a lubricant?

Yep, I`m suggesting the latter, letting the ONR act as a lubricant as you dry using a softer towel. The concern isn`t the Absorber marring the surface, it`s the MF towel that has to push the dirt particles around with no lubrication.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    Yep, I`m suggesting the latter, letting the ONR act as a lubricant as you dry using a softer towel. The concern isn`t the Absorber marring the surface, it`s the MF towel that has to push the dirt particles around with no lubrication.

Just for the sake of discussion...

If ONR is as effective as many people have claimed, there shouldn`t be any dirt and dust left on the panel after the ONR wash – therefore blot drying with Absorber and then drying with microfiber shouldn`t have any ill effect in marring the panel.

Many people dry the majority of the water on their cars after a regular wash with Absorber and then completely with microfiber, why couldn`t the same procedure be applied for ONR?

Post Thanks / Like
    My feeling with ONR is that you would need multiple, careful passes to make sure there are little to no dirt particles. With conventional washing, you can just use water to spray the dirt particles off (water acts as the lubricant). I find when I wash, that it`s hard to have no dirt at all, especially if I`m using a single-bucket method (which works fine, no extra marring). If I use two buckets, I may end up diluting my ONR solution, so I tend to use only one bucket now.

People say that ONR is effective because 1)it can dislodge dirt, and because 2)it can encapsulate dirt particles for proper removal. I`m just worried that using the Absorber, you will suck all the ONR solution dry, leaving the dirt particles on there, as you go for the final pass.

Of course, you can simply try it out and see! It`s possible that using the Absorber is perfectly fine. I haven`t tried it for myself, and tested afterwards for the extent of marring, so I can`t say for sure. I`m just basing my observations on theory.

Thread Information