Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the hardest things for most of us to accept is a dirty vehicle. However, you soon come to realize that no matter how hard you try dirt will eventually find its way to your waxed or sealed paint.

As if the dust and pollen are not enough we also have to deal with the occasional bird-bomb, road tar, acid rain, and road-paint just to name a few. :grrr

What items do you carry around in your arsenal to combat these enemies of our clean rides while on the road? or better yet, What`s in your "Traveling Detailing Kit"?

I carry a box in my trunk that has:

2-MF Towels (One Cobra Deluxe (Z-6) - One Microtex for glass)

2- Terry Cloth towels

California duster

Polycharged Z6

Windex Ammonia-Free Wipes

Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer Wipes

Meguiars Quick Wheel Detailer

Meguiars Quick Out Carpet Cleaner

Meguiars Tire Foam

Carpet Brush

Rain-X

1- 303 Wiper Treatment

1- 303 Windshield Washer Tablets

A Small Spray Bottle of FS Purple Power

A Small Spray Bottle of Distilled Water

Paper Towels

Then I am ready for the road. Preparedness is half the battle

However my neighbors idea of a traveling detailing kit consists of:

1 - "fast food" Napkin

and an ample supply of saliva (SPIT) (Which is of no cost BTW). :werd:

This will be fun to see the different variations of things that people carry in their cars for a "quick clean". Feel free to share PICs of your "traveling detailing kit".

Post Thanks / Like

QD and two MF towels, that`s it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never clean on the road. Dirt may not look good but swirls look worst. :shocked I am from the school of a complete "gentle wash" and only manipulate the paint in this manner when the destination is reached.

I choose my protectant to withstand a short period of environmental exposure and one that is self-cleaning to the extent that a good rain will remove most road grime and the remaining dirtiness still doesn`t negate all the shine underneath.

I do carry a larger MF and some QD strength QEW for window cleaning on trips. Those service station free glass cleaning water and tools are beyond my fear level for usage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually take a comlete mobile detailing kit when we travel to Virginia so I can detail my car since we have water restrictions here in NC. I carry it all in one of those plastic tubs with the hinged half covers but it takes up a lot of space so I am now looking for a large soft sided can cooler with a removable insert (something like the picture but larger).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    None.

On occasions when I`m about to take off and I see an annoying smudge on my windshield or window, I will bring an mf towel and glass cleaner and try to clean when I get the chance. Otherwise, everything else can wait until the next wash. My car is a daily driver. I can`t be that OCD about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my personal vehicle is also my Detailing business. I usually have things on hand for the occasional bird dropping or mud splashes. I don`t always have the vac, generator,

or extractor. But I keep a couple of QD`s and Micro fibers at all times! Don`t want to miss an opportunity to wipe off the ride!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guess that I am the one needing help. :nervous2: I would love to just carry QD for everything, but polycharged Z6 and interior windows do not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    I choose my protectant to withstand a short period of environmental exposure and one that is self-cleaning to the extent that a good rain will remove most road grime and the remaining dirtiness still doesn`t negate all the shine underneath.

Let me guess Zaino right. I am sure that Sal Z. would be proud of these words.

Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    I do carry a larger MF and some QD strength QEW for window cleaning on trips. Those service station free glass cleaning water and tools are beyond my fear level for usage.

I am there with you for passing on the free glass cleaning.

"Nope I don`t need that"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb

Let me guess Zaino right. I am sure that Sal Z. would be proud of these words.

Probably, but I made this decision nearly 40 years ago with my first vehicle. OCD concerning finish appearance and protection did not start with Autopia or the internet. It was passed on to from my father.

Post Thanks / Like
    qd and MF

10 char

Post Thanks / Like
    4 good pakshak MFs

2 older not paint eligible MFs

1 bottle Z6

1 bottle ONR mixed 5:1

1 OXO Carduster

And in the summer I also have a 3 oz spray bottle of Z8

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much what blkz28 said

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine
    Don`t want to miss an opportunity to wipe off the ride!

I am right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    4 good pakshak MFs

2 older not paint eligible MFs

1 bottle Z6

1 bottle ONR mixed 5:1

1 OXO Carduster

And in the summer I also have a 3 oz spray bottle of Z8

Great kit!!

Can you use ONR (QD Strength) also as a glass cleaner? Maybe I can carry just the ONR instead of half the stuff I have. It looks like I am trying to keep Meguiars in business by myself.

Wipes are just easier for me though especially for the interior.

Also with a 6month old daughter I have recently been using just a microfiber and distilled water to clean. I just carry the other stuff mainly because I want to be ready.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    I am right there with you.

Great kit!!

Can you use ONR (QD Strength) also as a glass cleaner? Maybe I can carry just the ONR instead of half the stuff I have. It looks like I am trying to keep Meguiars in business by myself.

Wipes are just easier for me though especially for the interior.

Also with a 6month old daughter I have recently been using just a microfiber and distilled water to clean. I just carry the other stuff mainly because I want to be ready.
    Yes you can use it as glass cleaner. I also forgot that I carry a bottle of tire shine and applicator in the summer. I want to be able to go anywhere and have the car look freshly detailed.

Post Thanks / Like
    let`s see...

4oz mister of Z6, Z16, S&W, ONR diluted, NXT glass cleaner, 4 QD plush towels, 2 WW glass towels, E1 tire swipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only carry some glass cleaner, few MF towels and a upholstery brush. I don`t attempt to clean whilst travelling and the keeping the glass clean is more about safety

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information