Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was conversing with my wife today. "Hey babe, I would like the Flex for my birthday and Christmas present." Wife "Is that the new workout machine I see on TV ?"..No darling, it isn`t..Wife.."You want to join a club to workout, my god you need it!"..No darling, its not a club..."ITS A DAMN POLISHER!..wife "Ohh, well you already have that one in the basement, it does just fine."

Post Thanks / Like
    ROTFLMAO !!! Sounds about like what my wife said !!!
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Sell the one in the basement and get a Flex!!!!! Well, thats what I did, but no wife!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwisejr
    ROTFLMAO !!! Sounds about like what my wife said !!!

Ditto.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ask her if she`d rather fight the mall and get some stupid tie that you`ll never wear? Then, point out the exercise you get from buffing a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    My technique is to confuse & bore her with all the details. For instanceâ€after she says, “you already have oneâ€, which is exactly what my wife saidâ€then I jump into the differences and details. ie. Amps, orbital throw length, forced rotation, the ability to correct and burnish to perfection in the same step, etc, etc, etcâ€

I always make sure you use a bunch of “detailing lingoâ€â€that just bores the heck out of her, plus she has no clue what half the stuff I’m saying means. Eventually she’s just so worn down by my excitement and refusal to stop talking about it, that she gives in.

And as alwaysâ€delivery and timing is everything.

Plan B is just buy itâ€and face the wrath later :angry. Yeh, it’s hell for a week or two, but eventually passes. Plus you could hide out in the garage with your new polisher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostydog
    My technique is to confuse & bore her with all the details. For instanceâ€after she says, “you already have oneâ€, which is exactly what my wife saidâ€then I jump into the differences and details. ie. Amps, orbital throw length, forced rotation, the ability to correct and burnish to perfection in the same step, etc, etc, etcâ€

I always make sure you use a bunch of “detailing lingoâ€â€that just bores the heck out of her, plus she has no clue what half the stuff I’m saying means. Eventually she’s just so worn down by my excitement and refusal to stop talking about it, that she gives in.

Plan B is just buy itâ€and face the wrath later :angry. Yeh, it’s hell for a week or two, but eventually passes. Plus you could hide out in the garage with your new polisher.
    Plan B sounds good!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostydog

:work: Im working on plan B..I might be have to eat Rice Krispies at supper for a couple weeks and she might even lock me in the garage :lock: but it will be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    we`ll be praying for you, LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Honest question; how do your wives even know when you buy stuff? I was initially worried when I started doing stuff to my car that my wife would be upset, but she doesn`t even notice. Actually it`s kind of weird.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    Honest question; how do your wives even know when you buy stuff? I was initially worried when I started doing stuff to my car that my wife would be upset, but she doesn`t even notice. Actually it`s kind of weird.

Heh, how do your wives know when you have 3 GF`s....? They dont know, cause you dont tell them.:lol

Post Thanks / Like
    You guy,s are funny as sh!t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, it`s easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, you guys are evil! Luckily I`m not married yet!

Oh well, the idea of buying it first and keep it a secret from your other half sounds like a good idea, but you`ll hafat face the wrath later on. Plus she`ll be using the same idea too, when she wants something and you`re saying no. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, I just have stuff delivered to work. I gave the wife a heads-up that I ordered the Flex though. She was cool about it. I`ve made a few bucks with it now, so it has more than paid for itself and it allows me to work quicker than with a PC. Which takes less time away from the family on weekends.
    Club FLEX X 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information