Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    I don`t get it - why would anyone want to use Dawn on their car in the first place? What`s the point of using Dawn vs regular car soap?

OK, I`ll bite Though a) it`s a waste of bandwidth and b) I`ve posted this at least six times on similar threads....

I use Dawn for the intial wash of some vehicles (e.g., rentals and service loaners) that I don`t really care about that are gonna get a full correction anyhow. It`s a strong cleaner that`s dirt cheap and that I always have on hand. Only downside I`ve *ever* experienced is the lack of lubricity and if a vehicle`s already been washed with a broom I won`t worry about instilling a little more marring before I compound it.

Yeah, on my vehicles I use Griot`s Car Wash (pricey stuff). If I need real LSP stripping I`ll use AutoInt`s "A" (also kinda pricey). But on the vehicles described above, why use something expensive that I`ll have to mailorder? Easy to just grab the bottle of Dawn from under the kitchen sink.

I don`t care what a given product`s original application was; I use detailing products for non-automotive purposes too.

But hey, if somebody doesn`t want to do something along those lines, that`s cool with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used degreasers on some paints and it will deep clean paints if used correctly. You must make sure you are out of the sun and the caris cool. Make sure the panel is wet before you spray it on the paint and you will have no issues at all.

For degreasing paint I love Megs Safe degreaser. It does a great job and has tons of lube in it. I also like Pinkstuf. When doing this process it will deep clean the paint and make it much easier to clay and polish and your pads will not get dirty at all, which means you will not be forcing a dirty pad all over the paint and causing more damage.

If you want to play it safe, then add a splash into your soap bucket to give it some strength. I have used Purple power on paint in the past on older white cars and it worked good and did no damage at all.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they ran out of spray bottles and rinsed out the purple power before using something else in it.

Of course I`m not sure what they`re getting at by hosing down the interior.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information