Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    i think vds means "Very Dirty S***" !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i could clean that interior with no problem,,,,,but the would pay good money,,,,,and i would use degreaser,shampoo, and lots of solvent

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don`t you tape up a lot of the important areas, windows, console, everything you need to actually look at.

Than, take a bunch of rattle can black paint and just "re-do" the whole interior... It might work.. And since paying to get it 45% clean would cost an arm and a leg, just cover it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that familiar with roofing tar, but have cleaned many tar filled and crude oil vehicles. Besides the time involved, it should clean up well. Carpet safe solvent should dissolve the tar quite easily. Spray, brush, extract.

I think the vinyl might be a bigger problem as it might be stained. I know the crude oil around here will stain vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like
    - I would order new floor carpet. (relative inexpensive) they come all ready cut and molded. around $120

- Remove all seating.

- Remove old carpet. (this will include removing console and prob a few other little panels)

- Then I would do my best to clean all the side panels using, exient, tarminator, or carprep solvent or a good apc.

- See what the panels look like. (maybe you could fine sand or PC Cleaner a few little spots out.)

- Take the seats and do your best to remove whatever you could this looks like the toughest part IMO. A good steaming my clean them up but I have a feeling there will def be stains

- Seat covers are inexpensive, and may be a good option.(local auto store front and rear about $80- $100

I think this is a pretty good approach anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Laquer thinner?
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Lacquer thinner dries to fast. What you need is deo. mineral spirits. You could also try lacquer thinner , but I think that the mineral spirits will work faster and better. Buy it at WalMart, its cheaper there. Follow with some Simple Green .

Post Thanks / Like
    I work at roofing manufacturing facility,so I know a little about getting asphalt on and off of stuff.

Our roofing goes through a series of rollers on it`s way to a take up winder. Every so often something goes wrong, and the roofing will stick all over the rollers. We use Zep Big Orange in aerosol cans to dissolve the asphalt plus scrapers and rags/towels. It`s remarkable what the Zep can do. I don`t know how safe it would be on plastic, but I guarantee it would take the stuff in the picture right off.

As for interiors, I borrowed my dad`s car and got a HUGE clump of asphalt in the carpet. My dad and I just about had a brawl over it,but I was able to get it out. I used Blue Magic Carpet Stain remover, and it came right out with no ill effects.

Believe it or not,Pledge actually works pretty good on asphalt too.

The company I work for is The Icopal Group Our prodcuts are on the United Nations building,the Empire State building,Rockefeller center,Bill Gates and John Travolta`s houses,and a lot of Ford`s buildings. It`s good stuff!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information