Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Hah! How did you intervene?"

I didn`t. The owner was drinking the Kool Aid this guy was giving. I figure I will wait until this Friday (the next show), and I`ll see how bad the door looks (assuming he tries the aluminum polish this week), then I`ll give him my card, and offer to fix it.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin

Unbelievable.

Wow, I agree. That guy is insane.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a moron, lol. Keep it going, I`ll keep watching that.

Post Thanks / Like
    once again Vaseline strikes. In a Greek "detailing" forum a guy suggest use it on leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shine
    Wow, I agree. That guy is insane.

It has gotten better since you`ve checked, also check the glass one - he actually did some research, probably the ONLY reason is to make himself look good, I`ll bet he`s enver even tried any product of the sort.

Anyways, here`s the first link, which has changed.

more 280 pics after a full detail - Page 3 - Benzworld.org - Mercedes Benz Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya13
    What a moron, lol. Keep it going, I`ll keep watching that.

I tried, but I got locked out after I flagged him by sending the admin (ByeByeAmericanPie) a PM

"I`m not sure what can be done about this user, but it`s fairly alarming that this character claims to be a detailer after reading his `unfortunate` procedures and advice...

User: Benz Rider

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/deta...-detail-2.html

&

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/deta...its-glass.html

I feel the advice is potentially damaging, especially from somebody claiming to be an expert.

Heh... Shameful, especially the fact that there really is nothing anybody can do except just provide a prompt retort to every post.

Is it really necessary to debate detailing procedures? lol...

Anything helps...

Thanks!
    "

the admin replied,

"No problem. Unless he purposefully does something to damage or demean another user we are stuck with providing our understanding of what real detailing is and correcting posts which we know are incorrect. I dont mind if you flame the guy a little because I think he does talk out of limited experience...just keep it semi nice"

...and then the Benz Rider has a swearing rant. :think:

It just shows how unprofessional he is.

Still though, his response is hilarious. (Post 25, 26, and 27 which is a response to me)

more 280 pics after a full detail - Page 3 - Benzworld.org - Mercedes Benz Discussion Forum

This thread is awesome
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that benz rider guy has to be the biggest moron on the planet. I am an amateur detailer, but at least I`m smart enough to "know what I don`t know". There is no hope for that guy, he knows everything there is to know about detailing!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m actually very disappointed that the moderator, because he isn`t telling this kid what is right. As you all saw above, he admitted to me that he knows this character is very wrong.

It`s quite frustrating, & I`m about to give up on Benzworld.org, especially considering I`m locked from that thread for no reason whatsoever.

Apparently they don`t want anybody to give half-decent advice.
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    did you see his new thread? the one where he talks about claying a car without washing it first?

Post Thanks / Like
    We should all create accounts and tell him he`s wrong, and see what he does when it`s more than one person who disagrees with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much most advise from the "experts" at Expert Village".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    Pretty much most advise from the "experts" at Expert Village".
    DONT YOU DARE BADMOUTH JOSE ZUNIGA!

:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    When I had messed up wet sanding my car and not having the right product to take it out... I had went down to the body shop and had one of the fellows help me out.

So I drive out to his house, and his entire idea of using the compoud was with a big wool pad, air grinder attached to said pad, super heavy cut compound, all the while spraying the car with water "because the compound works better"

I am honestly not sure how my car is not covered in swirls at the moment, probably because it is silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    stopped at a local car wash the other day to get a soda, and heard a dad telling his son to scrub harder w/ the brush to get everything off, i kept cringing
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalN.
    When I had messed up wet sanding my car and not having the right product to take it out... I had went down to the body shop and had one of the fellows help me out.

So I drive out to his house, and his entire idea of using the compoud was with a big wool pad, air grinder attached to said pad, super heavy cut compound, all the while spraying the car with water "because the compound works better"

I am honestly not sure how my car is not covered in swirls at the moment, probably because it is silver.

He may not be as far off as you think. There are actually two types of compounds; wet and dry. Wet is by far the most common wherein the polish contains its own lubricants. A dry polish by contrast requires water for lubrication.

That compound he had may have been a "dry" compound which requires water for proper lubrication.

Post Thanks / Like
    Next time he does this....

Hit him

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information