Thread: advice needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

First off, i`m new to the detailing scene, I just got a new car and would like to keep it looking the way it is from the showroom...btw its a gunmetal graphite metallic grey colour.

I recently purchased a few products and they are:

1) p21s car wash, Meguairs Gold Class car wash

2) Pinnacle clay and lub

3) p21s paint cleanser lotion

4) p21s carnuba wax

the reason I went for p21s is that I live in an apartment, so in the carpark, there are no powerpoints for me to use a buffer. so everything`s done by hand. which in this case the p21s carnuba fits my usage (easy on easy off)

I plan to do the car probably every fortnight to say maybe once a month ?

The car is usally garaged, even when I go out, I insist parking in covered carparks.

I know that the carnuba wouldn`t last too long, would a month sound about right ?

my other question is, is the p21s paint cleanser lotion a kind of polish in this case ? and how frequent can I use it ? at this stage, im not too sure if it has a big amount of abrasives or not, so I intend to use it once a month together with the carnuba. Correct me if im wrong, is it ok for me to treat this as a polish before applying the wax ? and would frequent use of this cleanser lotion / polish be hard on the paint / clear ?

bear in mind everything will be done by hand, I will be getting a polishing pal to help make things better. are there any other polishes or waxes that you guys recommend ?

should I refrain from using the p21s cleanser lotion frequently ? and swap in another easy on -off polish ?

learning from this forums, there`s a lot of names frequently mentioned, like say zaino, seems like everyone`s having good experiences with them, but with a pc. what about products that are more "hand-friendly" ?

Would be great to have your recommendations.

Thank you all

Col

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t have to worry about using that P21S PCL often, you`ll be fine. Do you think you will really be able to maintain your enthusiasm for doing that regimen once a month? If you can, you will be fine. You may find that if you wax at least that often, you may not need to use the PCL every time, and can just freshen the wax.

BTW, the Zaino sealants ("waxes") are usually applied by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for that quick reply !

if the frequency I will be doing the car is once a month, and with such minimal usage and exposure to the outside environment,

is it in fact ok to :

do as I suggested in my first post,

then one month later, depending on the appearance, if it still looks quite alright, I`ll just use QEW , then reapply the p21s carnuba and hence skipping the PCL stage yeah ?

another line im looking at is the Clearkote products, seems like they have the hand polish lotion too (which they say contain very minimal abrasives) , and also the carnuba moose wax. are they really that good ? anyone can comment on the moose and the p21s ? just wondering if they are up to that hype ? if not, i`ll just stay on with the p21s line throughout...

p21s carnuba users, whats the shortest time you`ve come across that the wax starts to diminish in appearance ? are they really not that durable ?

Post Thanks / Like
    also one more qn, can z8 be put in at the last stage after the carnuba ? or there`s simply no point ? seeing that one is natural and the other is synthetic...hmm just a playful thought here

Thread Information