Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there everyone, Id like to ask if anyone has used Meguiars#4 heavy Cut compound? Im planning on working on a 03 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV that has about 64,000miles with BAD PAINT. WHen you run your fingers across the surface of the paint it mimics the sound of sandpaper on a chalkboard (a loud SHHHHHHHHHH noise is made). THe paint is VERY rough and dry. The back bumper shows medium oxidation and is almost pink in color when headlights are placed on it. The car is red by the way. It also appears that the paint on this spec V is single stage with no clearcoat over it. Well since the majority of the cars I detail are in somewhat "ok" shape the need/use of compound for all of my details is non-existant. I was looking to purchase some Menzerna Powergloss with the use of a Lake country orange light cutting pad but its price of almost 30$ negates the use that I will get out of it sine I rarely compound cars. I was searching and found Meguiars#4 heavy cut cleaner for 10$, how is this as a compound? Should I just fork over the extra 20$ and pick up some MZ powergloss?? Any thoughts or opinions on what other products I should use?? thanks again!

Meguiar`s #4 Heavy-Cut Cleaner is an agressive car polish for severe auto paint defects. #4 Cleaner is one of Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze Professional Car

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try claying the surface first, then use the least agressive product that will remove anything left the contamination and go from there. You may not need the powergloss and the LC orange cutting pad all the time, but think of them as another tool in the arsenal!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the tip, I plan on having at it with some MZ IP, FP and an orange LC.

Thread Information