Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone,

I`m interested in purchasing an extractor for my vehicle. Basically to do my carpets, my girlfriends seats, etc. I`m somewhat knowledgable concerning car detailing. When I first started out, I purchased a little green machine awhile ago but found its really only good for doing the carpets in the house :doh

So, my question is (after many pro-detailing forum searches). Does anyone know of a half-decent mid range extractor? I`m not looking to detail 5 cars a weekend, nor am I a pro.. but I would like very good results on semi-clean interior fabrics. I have a shop vac, but am not looking to using that.

I`d be willing to spend up to about 300-400. I`ve seen the Durrmaid ones for a couple of hundred more than that, but spending 600+ dollars on something I`d only use maybe 3 times a month throughout the summer isn`t really the best option for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using one of these lately, http://www.usviper.com/Lit/WOLF130-Lit.pdf

Its 1 gallon, 30 PSI, 85" water lift. Not incredible, but it works great for me. You can find it for 200-300 I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where`d you end up getting yours? I assume it doesn`t heat the water right..

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using this one for a few years and it gets the job done. I`m sure there are better ones out there but for the money this one isn`t bad.

Bravo 2 Gallon Spotter w/o handle - CleanFreak.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a new Mytee Lite a couple of years ago and during my research and price shopping via the internet I came across some used or reconditioned units out there. I`m sorry that I can`t recall or could offer specific sites to go to but a search might yield a good smaller pro model that has been reconditioned for say $300 - $400.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you guys getting good suction on the units you`ve used? I find the Bissel is really bad at picking stuff up, it just kind of drizzles the water in and leaves the floors/carpet still damp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomBoy
    Where`d you end up getting yours? I assume it doesn`t heat the water right..

Mine is from a commercial janitorial supply company, so I`m not sure where to get it (ill look into it). No, it doesnt heat the water. I find that I am able to recover about 90%+ of the water I spray down. I love it because it is super portable, and havent blown a fuse yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what extractor did you wind up getting?

Thread Information