Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

Been detailing my car and lurking these forums for quite some time now. I finally gave in, and ordered a couple things yesterday from the Autopia store. I`m looking to get rid of my crappy Craftsman buffer, and take it to the next level.

I ordered:

Ultimate Detailing Machine DAS Polisher Kit

Klasse All-In-One

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

They should be here in a day or two. At home, I already have the following products:

Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax

Megauirs #7 Show Car Glaze

Megauirs NXT TechWax

Meguiars ColorX

Megauirs ScratchX

I have a 2007 Subaru WRX STi. I have included a few pictures below. As you can see, the car`s paint is in VERY good condition. Hardly any swirls at all, no scratches, and I wax it usually around once a month if I can. Although now that winter is coming up, I`m looking to try out the P21S wax, as I`ve read that NXT doesn`t last very long. (which I`ve noticed first hand as well) And not to mention, my craftsman buffing wheel recently died. (but ive always wanted a PC/UDM anyways )

So, what would you recommend I do to the car in order to prepare it for winter?

I live in the Boston area of MA in New England, so unfortunately they use salt on the roads during winter. My outside water is shut off during winter, but I do take the car to self service car wash regularly during wintertime to clean it.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my UDM and Klasse/P21S yesterday.

Looking to detail tomorrow.

As of now, I`m thinking maybe some Klasse AIO, followed by the P21S.

When using a UDM w/ Klasse AIO, do I simply apply a small amount to the pad, dab it around, and then work it in like a polish? So it does NOT haze, correct? Therefore, should one buff the area after with a finishing pad/bonnet for removal/shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had good results using Collinite 845 Insulator Wax for winter protection. Two coats applied a week apart lasted 5-6 months on my cars that are outside 24/7. And Collinite beads water like crazy. This stuff is to easy apply, if in thin layers, but can be difficult if you "cake" it on. I apply it to everything on the car including the wheels and even the trim. You can always apply your p21s on top of Collinite to take it to the next level. I`m using Collinite 476s this year for the winter protection and it seems to give an added warmth that 845 didn`t have. Search the forums and you`ll find tons of info on Collinite. Others might recommend Menzerna, Zaino, or Jeffs Werkstatt products for winter protection, but I haven`t tried those, so I can`t comment as to their effectiveness. Lots of good products out there, but I started with Collinite for its protective abilities and its relatively low price. Good luck with your car and welcome to Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually like that STI minus the wing and I usually hate those cars. Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    I actually like that STI minus the wing and I usually hate those cars. Good luck!!!

Ouch! Car looks great Acejam. I`m also looking for something to protect from the same conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    Form follows function. I`ve never cared for the looks of the wing, either, but it`s that tall because that`s where the airflow comes off the roof on a boxy sedan. My little WRX spoiler is quite a bit more understated, but it doesn`t affect airflow nearly as much (although it does defeat some body lift at highway speeds).

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    When using a UDM w/ Klasse AIO, do I simply apply a small amount to the pad, dab it around, and then work it in like a polish? So it does NOT haze, correct? Therefore, should one buff the area after with a finishing pad/bonnet for removal/shine?

Thread Information