Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I remember reading some time ago a few threads about some homemade recipes that rivaled the Spray `N Wipe product from Poorboys.

For some reason, I thought I remember it being QEW + water in a spray bottle, or it could have even been an ounce or two of Meguiar`s Gold Class Car Wash. Does anyone use their own homebrew for a spray and wipe product? We just got hit with mandatory "No Home Car Wash" restrictions in my part of North Carolina, so I figured I`d do the next best thing and create a car wash in a bottle!

Thanks,

Ntwrkguy1

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR or QEW will be your best friend if you`re on restriction.

I don`t know if you`re allowed to wash using just a bucket of water, but you could always buy a 1 or 2 gallon bug sprayer and fill it up with some ONR QD solution. My fingers get tired from using the spray bottle if I`m using ONR like a QD on the whole car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to be a jerk but couldnt you just do it in the garage with the door closed so no one knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I suppose I could....but actually, if I can do it via ONR or QEW, I`d rather do it that way. Plus, the fines are in the $250 range, and THAT, my friend, is an expensive car wash!

Is ONR a concentrate like QEW? If so, I guess it just boils down to which is cheaper -- unless one legitimately is better than the other.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
    Hi all,

I remember reading some time ago a few threads about some homemade recipes that rivaled the Spray `N Wipe product from Poorboys.

For some reason, I thought I remember it being QEW + water in a spray bottle, or it could have even been an ounce or two of Meguiar`s Gold Class Car Wash. Does anyone use their own homebrew for a spray and wipe product? We just got hit with mandatory "No Home Car Wash" restrictions in my part of North Carolina, so I figured I`d do the next best thing and create a car wash in a bottle!

Thanks,

Ntwrkguy1

I am in NC as well (water restrictions), and have been washing all 3 of my cars in the garage (with the door closed) with QEW ever since restrictions began.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
    Well, I suppose I could....but actually, if I can do it via ONR or QEW, I`d rather do it that way. Plus, the fines are in the $250 range, and THAT, my friend, is an expensive car wash!

Is ONR a concentrate like QEW? If so, I guess it just boils down to which is cheaper -- unless one legitimately is better than the other.

I think you may not understand exactly what ONR and QEW are. They aren`t concentrates, they are rinseless washess. In the case of QEW, you mix 1 ounce per gallon of water in a bucket, and start washing your car. It takes only 2 gallons to wash a car - unless you want to use the 2 bucket method, and use about 4 gallons of water.

http://autopia.org/forum/hall-fame/3...-part-1-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Well both of you could call me to come and wash your cars with ONR and QEW

Nah, yeah, id just wash in the garage!!!
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    I think you may not understand exactly what ONR and QEW are. They aren`t concentrates, they are rinseless washess. In the case of QEW, you mix 1 ounce per gallon of water in a bucket, and start washing your car. It takes only 2 gallons to wash a car - unless you want to use the 2 bucket method, and use about 4 gallons of water.

http://autopia.org/forum/hall-fame/3...-part-1-a.html

Ummm, ONR is a concentrate. You HAVE to mix it with water. You`re thinking of the difference between waterless and rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    Ummm, ONR is a concentrate. You HAVE to mix it with water. You`re thinking of the difference between waterless and rinseless.

What I am getting at is that it isn`t a concentrate in the same way that Gold Class wash is. I know it is a rinseless product, and requires water, but I have a hard time calling it a concentrate per se.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you may not understand exactly what ONR and QEW are. They aren`t concentrates, they are rinseless washess. In the case of QEW, you mix 1 ounce per gallon of water in a bucket, and start washing your car.

They are both concentrates actually, you dillute them with water. Go with ONRWS, I like it alot better than QEW, it rinses clean a little better than QEW as well.

Order ONR from Danase with the Autopia discount. $40/gallon + 10% discount.

Post Thanks / Like
    What I am getting at is that it isn`t a concentrate in the same way that Gold Class wash is. I know it is a rinseless product, and requires water, but I have a hard time calling it a concentrate per se.

how is it not a concentrate? you mix it with water just like how you mix Gold Class with water.

They just happen to be 2 completely different products, but both are concentrates.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are two different issues with using a rinseless wash. The first is the Clean Water requirements, which prohibit the discharge of rinsewater into storm sewers (which lead to rivers etc.). In that case, the rinseless wash should prevent that discharge.

The situation here is one of water use during restrictions. I would be willing to bet that the enforcement authority will make no differentiation between a rinseless wash and a regular wash, and will consider it "car washing" which is a prohibited activity (unless there is some out in the particular regulation which allows for use of gray water, etc.)

IIRC someone else here got gigged for doing a rinseless wash under restrictions, they were doing it in the driveway, and had the hose out to fill up the ONR/QEW bucket. I would do it in the garage as WHB suggested, just be aware it would still be illegal in your situation (once again, unless you are allowed to use gray water...not sure how you would prove that is what you are using).

Post Thanks / Like
    Those restrictions sound like a great opportunity to wash your car with purchased distilled water. I wonder it that would make a difference over tap water with ONR/QEW.:think:

BOB

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like it would be legal, but everyone should check their local ordinances.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as it being illegal, in your garage with the door closed I cannot imagine how you would get caught.

We do things illegal everyday and really dont think twice about it. I know I speed all the time and I have been known to remove tags from pillows and mattresses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information