Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, you could always import one at 10 times the cost.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlok
    ok I just read all the pages of the post and I am totally disappointed. I live in Greece (yes in Greece) and I cannot find grout sponges. That is ridiculous

I think Excel Detail ships internationally...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlok
    ok I just read all the pages of the post and I am totally disappointed. I live in Greece (yes in Greece) and I cannot find grout sponges. That is ridiculous

Well that is where the problem is. The sponge is really made in China just like everything else (hopefully it does not contain lead paint).

Maybe you can do a "special investigative behind-the scenes report" for us and find out if the grout sponge really is made in Greece. and then go behind the scenes with the making of a grout sponge. I am sure that the S-Man would be interested to know how his certified sponge is made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    Well that is where the problem is. The sponge is really made in China just like everything else (hopefully it does not contain lead paint).

Maybe you can do a "special investigative behind-the scenes report" for us and find out if the grout sponge really is made in Greece. and then go behind the scenes with the making of a grout sponge. I am sure that the S-Man would be interested to know how his certified sponge is made.

:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    Careful what you convey as not all the sponges I have seen are made in China......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a "QEP" GS, and was wondering if thats the right one, and how I should "prep" it before use?

Im a bit scared to use it.... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by purplenurple
    I just got a "QEP" GS, and was wondering if thats the right one, and how I should "prep" it before use?

Im a bit scared to use it.... lol

Same thing like the Superbilt one. Just throw it in the washing machine on hot to clean it.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think they are made in china.

for the dude in greece, I am sure you can to a hardware/home improvement store or maybe a flooring supply place and get a grout sponge. you probably have better ones than we can get

it would rule if you could get a tour of the plant

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on you guys. Use your heads! You just *have* to know that grout sponges in Greece are going to be made in the USA!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jesselyons2002
    Same thing like the Superbilt one. Just throw it in the washing machine on hot to clean it.

Hmm...I used in on my Dad`s S600 (lol) and I guess it worked pretty good, but... it dripped water everywhere, sucked up 2gals of ONR solution like nothing, and half way through it was brown. I thought that it wouldnt clean out, so I used it on the wheels, so I will have to get another for the body, since it rinsed out clean with Dawn and hot water.

Im not sure how I liked it.... I think I might have to try a MF chenille mitt to decide....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by purplenurple
    Hmm...I used in on my Dad`s S600 (lol) and I guess it worked pretty good, but... it dripped water everywhere, sucked up 2gals of ONR solution like nothing, and half way through it was brown. I thought that it wouldnt clean out, so I used it on the wheels, so I will have to get another for the body, since it rinsed out clean with Dawn and hot water.

Im not sure how I liked it.... I think I might have to try a MF chenille mitt to decide....

Yup, I was about to demote my first grout sponge to wheel duty, (all this talk of rinsing clean i thought you folks meant just in the bucket/wash media, and after several washes I thought it was hyperbole), however, I just went to the bathroom sink, turned on the hot tap, used the liquid handsoap, and was AMAZED at how much was released. I`m almost ashamed that I had just used it on my paint. It was so easy to clean, like that may as well do it after each wash of the car.

Next time it gets dirty/loaded up maybe i`ll do a half and half shot of dirty/clean rinsed of the sponge.

Or, if one of you have a grout sponge about to be demoted. . . give it a go.

--jason

ps. just saw the `toss it in the washing machine with hot water` comment...guess thats the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just grabbed one over here in the UK. Only one I could find was this one

and I cautiously tried it today. It doesnt feel like a typical foam sponge, has a lot more weight and a `natural` feel to it. Anyway, I cleaned my filthy car using the TBM and Duragloss 901 and was very surprised at the results. It got dirty on the surface but just a light rub against the GG in the rinse bucket and it came out like new? I checked a wing that i had machine polished 100% defect free just a few days ago, using the brinkman, and it was still defect free.

Going to keep carefully testing it, but so far I`m impressed.

Oh, and it cost Ă‚£1.48 (or about $3.00) so relatively speaking the same price as in the US, as everything here is the same Ă‚£ price as it is in $ for you.....

Post Thanks / Like
    :goodjob glad you found something to try. Keep us posted as there might be lurkers from your country that might be interested :spot

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122

Thread Information