Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aw Patrick, MythBusters just did a show proving you CAN teach an old dog new tricks and here you go and .....

Hey, I`ve tried everything from old t-shirts to mitts, schmitts and other sh!ts - 2 buck grout sponge for me.

BTW - just went to a CarQuest paint store and scored big on 3M compound, UltrafinaSE and a bunch of 3M pads- everything I wanted, now my wife is happy "her shopping" for me is over! I`m thinking about another cup of coffee , pecan pie and sitting fat and happy with the kids watching Hannah, beats work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I used the Grout sponge last week and I must say I absolutely love it! it`s very easy to rinse clean and It feels completely safe for the paint.

My question is more ONR related. Using a 2 bucket method, I started my wash on one half of the drivers windshield. I ended the wash with the second half of the drivers windshield. On the last half, I noticed dryed dirt spots on the windshield. THis means that the water is getting dirty towards the end of the wash and I`m applying this dirty water to my paint. Is this normal with ONR, or am I doing something wrong?

The groute sponge also had black spots which won`t rinse clean. Is this also not good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz5219
    The groute sponge also had black spots which won`t rinse clean. Is this also not good?

when i`m done using the GS, not only do i soak it in a bucket of clean water, but also massage it thoroughly under running water and squeeze as much of the water, soap solution, leftover dirt, etc, out before i lay it on the grit guard to dry (i also hold it by each end and swing out any of the remaining water). seems like within a few hours it`s dry. check closely, you may have mold growing on yours...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I managed to take this pic of the sponge available here. It has big pores!

It is a urethane sponge and one of the features reads "Large pores capture dirt".

I used it once and it`s so easy to clean the sponge from dirt. I just squeeze the sponge after each panel to rinse off dirt. My second bucket holds clean water and I will use the sponge to absorb the water and squeeze again to rinse off further dirt when needed.

Attachment 13247
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Canada. I went to my local Home Depot and picked up the QEP brand Super Sponge like many others have. However, mine says that it`s made in the USA. Has anyone tried the USA made one or does it make a difference at all?

Quick question without reading this 20+ page thread. Do you slightly squeeze the sponge when you use ONR with it? Or do you just glide it over the surface and let the ONR do its job. I would tend to squeeze a little as the sponge would hold a lot of ONR inside and it might be a waste to put it back in the bucket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Spots. I find that the properties of the ONR seem to make the dirt form these spots. I used a brand new sponge today and found the "black spots" referred to above and they could not be mold. I think it is the polymers holding the dirt from the surface of the car.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Black Spots. I find that the properties of the ONR seem to make the dirt form these spots. I used a brand new sponge today and found the "black spots" referred to above and they could not be mold. I think it is the polymers holding the dirt from the surface of the car.

Yup, that`s exactly what I got. Definitely not mold. I don`t think it`s bad since I checked my paint thoroughly and havent seen any ill effects from ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my "home" wash bucket that sits for *weeks* without being used (in the water with a closed lid) and it has no mold.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    I have my "home" wash bucket that sits for *weeks* without being used (in the water with a closed lid) and it has no mold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saralee
    I am in Canada. I went to my local Home Depot and picked up the QEP brand Super Sponge like many others have. However, mine says that it`s made in the USA. Has anyone tried the USA made one or does it make a difference at all?

Quick question without reading this 20+ page thread. Do you slightly squeeze the sponge when you use ONR with it? Or do you just glide it over the surface and let the ONR do its job. I would tend to squeeze a little as the sponge would hold a lot of ONR inside and it might be a waste to put it back in the bucket?

On the side panel you`ll going to slightly squeeze to release some onr. I usally glide over the horizontal panel cause the onr is dripping out of the sponge. Also on my QEP sponge, it also is made is USA.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    22 pages about a sponge! and I ain`t talking SquarePants either, ya`ll we need to move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Spoiled man is getting royalties off of every posting. He should be pretty wealthy by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    I think that Spoiled man is getting royalties off of every posting. He should be pretty wealthy by now.

I wish!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    (check is in the mail Chris)

Hey this isnt my PM !
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the grout sponge fan club. I tried one this weekend and it worked fantastic. Will try to get my hands on more, thanks SpoiledMan for the idea!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information