Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the consensus is that these rock.

For $1.97, I`ll give one a try...I gotta go to HD to get a light fixture today anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Or Grecian...like the formula! :lol
    Hey, does that work on faded trim ??????
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    I`m kind of disappointed with this whole grout sponge situation :angry

I mean c`mon, the Excel Greecian Grout Sponge? It should have been called the SpoiledMan Greecian Grout Sponge. I tell ya, there just isn`t any respect out there :LOLOL

All kidding aside, kudos to Patrick for bringing the SpoiledMan Greecian Grout Sponge to market at a reasonable price :2thumbs: .

And see, I`d do it for $12 and the name change but he wont move. I`ll have to call my agent.:dance :nomore:
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    My HD only had 2 sided QEP pads with a scrubber on one side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradUF
    My HD only had 2 sided QEP pads with a scrubber on one side.

Yeah they have those and regular one`s that look like the Superiorbilt.

Here`s some pic`s I took, they look the same and feel the same.

The Superiorbilt (The one spoiledman use) is on the left and the QEP is on the right

Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jesselyons2002

what`s the price on these, around $10?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. There were right next to the Superiorbilt sponges.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys converted me. I tried the grout sponge for the first time yesterday, and love it. The only problem, "what to do with all my new Costco 3in1 wash mits"? I will never go back. One thing I noticed -- was dirt on the bottom of my rinse bucket. My vehicle was not that dirty at all. I noticed much more dirt in the rinse bucket with the grout sponge vs. the MF mits I have been using. This must mean the mits were holding the dirt (BAD THING!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreit01
    You guys converted me. I tried the grout sponge for the first time yesterday, and love it. The only problem, "what to do with all my new Costco 3in1 wash mits"? I will never go back. One thing I noticed -- was dirt on the bottom of my rinse bucket. My vehicle was not that dirty at all. I noticed much more dirt in the rinse bucket with the grout sponge vs. the MF mits I have been using. This must mean the mits were holding the dirt (BAD THING!).

the nice thing about the GS is not only does it release dirt easily, it holds a good amount of soap solution. when you go to each panel, you can gently squeeze and release some on to the finish, and as you are washing a panel, you can gently squeeze some more solution to help lubricate it even more...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried this on Saturday and loved the results. I have one sponge dedicated to the body and 1 for wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried out the grout sponge (QEP variety) yesterday on the hood and trunk of my Accord. Didn`t notice any marring and it washes clean in the rinse bucket. All good.

However, I did notice that debris and stuff ended up on the surface of the sponge as I was using it. After a swipe or two, one-half of one side of the sponge had stuff on it, so I turned it around so I could use the rest of that side, then turned it over and repeated. How much of a panel are you guys doing before you rinse the sponge? I know it really depends on the crud on the car, but I`m just looking for some feedback.

Also, I used the sponge slightly dripping wet. And I never squeezed it while I was cleaning the panel. Is that the wrong way of using it? I have a sneaky suspicion that most of the ONR in the sponge went into the rinse bucket not really onto the paint becuase I was not using any pressure on the sponge to release any of the solution.

Now, I can see squeezing the sponge to release ONR onto the paint when the sponge is fresh out of the solution. However, after you used it some, wouldn`t that have the potential of putting crud back on the paint?

Would using a sprayer to lay down a layer of ONR on the paint allow you to go much lighter on the solution actually in the sponge?
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toml
    I tried out the grout sponge (QEP variety) yesterday on the hood and trunk of my Accord. Didn`t notice any marring and it washes clean in the rinse bucket. All good.

However, I did notice that debris and stuff ended up on the surface of the sponge as I was using it. After a swipe or two, one-half of one side of the sponge had stuff on it, so I turned it around so I could use the rest of that side, then turned it over and repeated. How much of a panel are you guys doing before you rinse the sponge? I know it really depends on the crud on the car, but I`m just looking for some feedback.

Also, I used the sponge slightly dripping wet. And I never squeezed it while I was cleaning the panel. Is that the wrong way of using it? I have a sneaky suspicion that most of the ONR in the sponge went into the rinse bucket not really onto the paint becuase I was not using any pressure on the sponge to release any of the solution.

Now, I can see squeezing the sponge to release ONR onto the paint when the sponge is fresh out of the solution. However, after you used it some, wouldn`t that have the potential of putting crud back on the paint?

Excellent questions and concerns. The same ones that prevent me from using the GS (after giving it a try myself) to wash my cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some will have different experiences and there`s nothing wrong with that. I will say that you don`t have anything to worry about though. I`ve been using these things for a couple years now and if you`re using the Superiorbuilt sponges they`re completely safe.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    haven`t picked up my muppet head, sheep skin or Schmitt since getting the GS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Some will have different experiences and there`s nothing wrong with that. I will say that you don`t have anything to worry about though. I`ve been using these things for a couple years now and if you`re using the Superiorbuilt sponges they`re completely safe.

I guess my question would be what the main advantages you believe there are to using the GS instead of a high quality lambswool mitt (other than cost)?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information