Post Thanks / Like
    i own a 2005 dodge ram four door black truck... Since i have owned it, i wash it once a week, get it waxed once every 6 months and clayed and waxed once a year. My step-mom and others have told me the more you wax, the more the paint will loose its natural shine so thats why i am hesitant to do it so often,and also its quite expensive. My paint is in great condition, but i have accumulated a good amount of spider scratches on the clear over the years i have owned it...i have never gotten my truck buffed, as ive been afraid doing so would ruin its natural shine and require me to do it very often to maintain a good, dark, clean look. is this true? can someone help me get rid of my spider scratches as they bug the crap out of me. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Short answer: Check out the click & brag section, then draw your own conclusions. . .

2000 Volvo S80</p>

2006 Nissan Murano</p>

2011 BMW 328i</p>

2014 Mercedes E350

Post Thanks / Like
    Only way to get rid of them is to buff. Do it right and you are not hurting anything. And no waxing does not loose the natural shine it enhances and preserves it.

Post Thanks / Like
    the best thing for you to do is to spend a bunch of time here reading

and learn how to do things then spend some money and time to fix it yourself

or

post where you live (in a new thread)to find a detailer that can fix it for you

but if you think it is "quite expensive" to wax yourself you are in for a big shock!

DO NOT TAKE IT TO YOUR LOCAL DETAIL GUY

as it will most likley have more damage then it has now

welcome , start reading, have fun, ask questions as they come up , and stop taking detail advise from your mom

Post Thanks / Like
    Your step mom is giving you some really bad advice. Do alot of reading here and learn exactly what proper polishing not waxing can do for your finish. This is the big missing factor with the general public and explains why most cars on the road look like crap. They think it`s all about waxes and sealants and it`s not. Paint must be cleaned and then polished to a high gloss much like the way a diamond becomes brilliant after polishing. This polishing also CORRECTS the finish to remove all those spider web scratches that are driving you nuts. Here`s an easy way to understand polishing. Have you ever seen that kinda waxy/dirty film that is on the surface of a fresh picked apple? Now take that apple and put a little water on it in rub it aggressively with a kitchen towel. Now stand back and watch the shine. That`s polishing. Your step mom isn`t just a little wrong, she`s completely wrong. She wants you to stop working on your paint when in reality, you haven`t even begun to work it enough. Go to the click and brag section and see exactly what I`m talking about. Check out posts from Rickrack or Rydawg and you`ll see exactly what I mean. :grinno:

Patrick

Thread Information