Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new car that has known issues with the vinyl bolsters on the sport seats. They tend to develop cracks. What can I use to help prolong the life of the vinyl? I think I need more than a protectant. I guess I`m looking for something more like a leather conditioner but for vinyl. I would assume that if I could keep the material soft and supple, it could take the stress of getting in and out of the car better. The center of the seat is leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think any quality vinyl cleaner and conditioner used often will help prolong the life of your vinyl. There are many on the market, but I like Duragloss UD for that purpose. Duragloss Duragloss UD (Vinyl & Leather Dressing)

Also, 303 Aerospace Protectant would work, and it`s popular and well known for its quality.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mini
    I have a new car that has known issues with the vinyl bolsters on the sport seats. They tend to develop cracks. What can I use to help prolong the life of the vinyl? I think I need more than a protectant. I guess I`m looking for something more like a leather conditioner but for vinyl. I would assume that if I could keep the material soft and supple, it could take the stress of getting in and out of the car better. The center of the seat is leather.

Frequent use of 303 will be your best friend.

My Dad sells boats in Florida, and he told me about 303 a long time ago and I have been using it on my vehicles ever since. If it can keep boat vinyl from cracking then it sure as hell can keep any car vinyl from doing so!

Might want to consider tinting your windows also with a good metallic or ceramic tint, while you`re at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I have 303 so that`s a good start and will look into duragloss.

But to clarify one thing... the seat bolsters on other people`s cars don`t seem to be cracking from exposure to the sun (something 303 is great for). They are cracking basically from the abuse they take from getting in and out of the car. That`s why I`m thinking I need to use something that will keep the vinyl soft and elastic... hence the reason I`m looking for more of a conditioner than a protectant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still searching and came across Zymol Vinyl Conditioner.

Anyone use this stuff? It`s pretty pricey.

Thread Information