Post Thanks / Like
    Recently we used an extractor machine as part of shampooing a new Volvo with the T-Tek fabric seats. This is a neoprene material. Our machine left some light "scratch marks" on a portion of the back seat. Does anyone have any tips for removing these marks? Any tips in general with this material would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do a google search for McNett, they make shampoo, de-sinkum, UV Protectant for neoprene. I use it on my Scuba Gear and my Neoprene Seat Covers. Are the scratches deep? Did you cut the neoprene?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I visited a local dive shop. The neoprene material used in a wet suit is quite different from that used in a Volvo. The cleaning product they use are quite differnet from those used for normal interiors - probably to suit the particular fabric.

Fortunately, the fabric is not cut, just marked. Perhaps "scratches" is not the quite the best descriptive, but it`s the best I can think of... We`re wondering if working with the nap of the material might be a solution.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    There are different types and thicknesses of neoprene. .5mm, 1mm, 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm are the most common thicknessess for diving. I have neoprene seat covers by Wet Okele (CA/HI). you may want to contact them for suggestions?

For what you are describing, it sounds like the surface of the neoprene has "lines" or streaks across it. I am not sure how those could be removed.

Sorry

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem resolved itself, thankfully. The "scratches" turned out to be more like drag lines across the nap of the fabric. Using mild product to soften the fabric and light scrubbing in a circular motion with a soft toothbrush removed the marks entirely. Thanks to those who responded

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Wet Okole seat covers and I got a cleaning+UV protection kit from them. May want to check that out.

Thread Information