Post Thanks / Like
    Every damn time I take my truck to the mechanic to get serviced, they scratch the hell out of my front fender. I guarentee it is the "protective" pad that they lay down to prevent it from scratching that causes the frickin` scratches. If they would realize that they need to clean that pad every once and awhile this probably wouldn`t happen. I am really pissed off right now.:grrr

Has this happened to anyone else? What do you do about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    It happened to me when a friend worked on my car. He had to reach far back into the engine bay, so this was kind of unavoidable. I don`t have a solution, but I`m almost thinking it might be worth it to buy a few cheap MF towels and have them sandwich it between their mat and the paint. It`ll save you having to spend time repolishing and further thinning your paint and that alone might be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you taking it for service? I have been using the same dealer and service writer for the last five years, and they know how particular I am so they make absolutely sure they don`t scratch my vehicle. If you just use anyone, it`s a chance you take, and a quick mention to please be careful will *usually* alert them to you being conscious of things like that, and will make them be a little more careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah stuff like that you have to bring to attention. Don`t be rude about it, just make sure they realize you are very particular with your car. Find out who`s going to work on it and let them know how much your finish means to you.

Or you could start wrenching on your car yourself

Thread Information