Post Thanks / Like
    I have side moldings/skirts on my car (seen below circled in red) and I was wondering if they were waxable. I`m assuming the moldings aren`t but the skirts are, but I want to be sure before I go waxing away.

If it matters I`m going to be using Collinite 476s. The first two cars pictured I found via Google and the third is mine. The moldings appear to be plastic that isn`t painted.

Also, if they (or one) is not safe to wax, I`d just use a plastic protectant of some sort, correct? I have 303 Aerospace that I just picked up for my interior but it appears to work for everything short of paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (212.5 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg b.jpg (187.7 KB, 16 views)
    • File Type: jpg c.jpg (229.6 KB, 17 views)

Post Thanks / Like
    The skirts should be painted the same as the body, and the moldings appear to be as well on that yellow car. If they are smooth/shiny, wax away. If they are not smooth/shiny, Collinite 845 should still work on them if they are not too porous. Not sure about the 476. Generally speaking, you can wax right over all that stuff if you are using pure waxes like the Collinites mentioned, just keep it thin and wipe it off promptly. If there is any doubt, try it on a small section first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    The skirts should be painted the same as the body, and the moldings appear to be as well on that yellow car. If they are smooth/shiny, wax away. If they are not smooth/shiny, Collinite 845 should still work on them if they are not too porous. Not sure about the 476. Generally speaking, you can wax right over all that stuff if you are using pure waxes like the Collinites mentioned, just keep it thin and wipe it off promptly. If there is any doubt, try it on a small section first.
    Excellent, that`s exactly what I wanted to hear. That makes my life a lot simpler than having to tape them off or something.

Thread Information