Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I polished my car (`92 Accord) back in May, and most of the swirls were gone. I`ve noticed over the last month or so that the swirls have returned with a vengeance. I`m using the two-bucket method with a soft Eurow sheepskin mitt, and just got some Meg`s GC soap. I think the next step is my problem...I`m drying with an orange-colored "laminated drying towel" that I picked up at Walmart (the brand is Viking...I can`t find a link to it, seems like they may have dropped it from their product line). So, does anyone have any affordable alternatives to this for drying my car? (Our water is very hard, so it spots like crazy if I don`t dry the car right away.) Or maybe there`s a problem somewhere else in my wash routine? Thanks!

Show Car Shiner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go to a self serve and use the spot free rinse. If it is well maintained you won`t have to dry it with a towel. Hence, no swirls.

Derrick

Post Thanks / Like
    cjv998- I`d test any wash/dry media using the CD-test. It`s a bit overly-rigorous, but hey, better to err on the side of caution IMO.

I somehow suspect the marring happens during the wash. I recommend a foamgun and lots of thought/practice. Washing without marring is very difficult IMO but it can be done.

Drying is easier if you do the "sheeting rinse" by removing the hose nozzle. I like the AirWand for getting most of the water off, then soft WWs. Spraying a little QD on the vehicle before you dry can add some lubrication.

Post Thanks / Like
    one of the best things ive ever bought for my car was a waffle weave drying towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDDLE
    one of the best things ive ever bought for my car was a waffle weave drying towel.

It`s money very well spent. I cringed when I forked out about $30 for 2 WW towels from Detailer`s Domain, but they have been well worth it. Recently, I picked up some WW towels from Excel Detail (Monterey I think), and they seem pretty good as well for $10/ea. Not as soft as the Detailer`s Domain towels, but get the job done cheaper.

Thread Information