Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sorry guys but i am guna break down, look like and ediot, and ask this question. What is the two bucket wash method. I only use one, i feel like an ediot. Any help?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    good video! Mike Philips
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    your not an idiot.. tons of people ask this question.

The 2 bucket is when you have a bucket of wash solution and a bucket of rinse water. You dip in the soapy water, wipe car. rinse mitt in a clean bucket with no soap. This allows the dirt to fall into the bucket. then you resoap your mitt with the first buckt

what it does is allows the dirt to come off in the bucket with no soap (wel some people use soap but not all) so the rinse bucket. then when you go to the wash bucket the mitt is clean and you dot rub crap on the paint

Post Thanks / Like
    EDIT: You guys are too fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    great video........wish someone would put up a video of leaf blower dry method

Post Thanks / Like
    Since the soap helps to loosen the dirt though, why not put it in your rinse water as well???

It should help the dirt to come off the mitt much easier making the clean water even more clean......

Just a thought,

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry.. But, OP, are you spelling like that on purpose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Since the soap helps to loosen the dirt though, why not put it in your rinse water as well???

It should help the dirt to come off the mitt much easier making the clean water even more clean......

Just a thought,

Josh
    WouldnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t hurt, but I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t think it buys you anything.

Since you wiped the dirt off the car with a soapy mitt, the dirtĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s already encapsulated by the soap. Rinsing in clean water doesnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t pull the soap off the dirt and leave the dirt stranded on your mitt. It just gives the soapy dirt someplace to go, away from the mitt.

Also, the rinse water gets soapy the first time you dunk in your mitt and swish it around. Then the water gets even soapier every time you dunk it. It wonĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t be as concentrated as the wash bucket, but it doesnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t need to be.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Video! That is amazing how that guy can do cars with his prosthetic leg. My grandfather couldnt do anything, but that might be because he didnt try to do anything (may he rest in peace). I saw a video of a man named paul dalton... He makes us look like those guys at the automated car washes that just press buttons! I honestly feel like i give him a bad name lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, your not and ediot, I use one bucket quite often.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s easier to simply rinse your mitt with running water with the hose each time rather than use a 2nd bucket. The rinse bucket`s water in the 2-bucket system eventually gets dirty as well. If you rinse the mitt with a hose it`s always clean water plus the fact that you don`t have the hassle of lugging a 2nd bucket around. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the one bucket method with Optimum No Rinse (and previously Quick and Easy Wash).
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMan
    I think it`s easier to simply rinse your mitt with running water with the hose each time rather than use a 2nd bucket. The rinse bucket`s water in the 2-bucket system eventually gets dirty as well. If you rinse the mitt with a hose it`s always clean water plus the fact that you don`t have the hassle of lugging a 2nd bucket around. Just my 2 cents.

That is exactly what I do, and the pressure from the hose cleans the mitt better also. I use 3 buckets. One for the wheels,tires, under doors, wheel wells and such. And then one on each side of the car to wash the rest, starting from the top of course and rinsing the mitt with the hose now and then, depending on how dirty the car is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not going to waste my customer`s water by letting it run the whole time, so I can`t rinse out the mitt with the water hose.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information