Thread: Mother`s wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it always difficult to buff this wax off? I applied it with my pc but there was NO WAY I could buff it with the pc. It took like an hour to get it off using mfs!!!!

ANy suggestions for something I can buff off with the pc?

Bg

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you applied too much wax? Or let it set too long? I`m guessing it was their California Gold Carnauba Wax?

My only experience with Mothers waxes was their FX spray wax. I basically just wanted something cheap to use on door jambs, areas under the trunk, things like that. I tried it on a door panel once just to see what it looked like. It looked pretty good and was slick, but it seemed to attract dust more than anything else I used.

If it happens again, you could use some QD to help with the buffing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve recently become a big fan of Menzerna FMJ. I use my PC on about a speed 3-3.5 to apply, allow to dry to a haze, and then wipe off. It literally comes off with one wipe using a good MF towel. Leaves a nice shine and is supposed to last several months as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on my experience with Mothers, it`s not supposed to be too difficult to buff off but as soon as it becomes hazy, you need to buff it off immediately. I took a phone call once and couldn`t, for the life of me remove the wax. Those were my newb days so I after buffing for a while I just left whatever residue and drove like that for a week and a half before I washed the car again.

Next time though I bet liberal use of a detail spray would help a lot. That`s what I do when I let 476S sit too long.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like
    must be the liquid form not the paste form in the metal tin. Until I found Nattys it was the easiest to remove. RANDAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Buffing LSP via PC requires a very thin application. Applying a lot of pressure to the PC doesn`t seem to work well for this so you can`t try to force things the way you can when doing this via Cyclo.

Not that I know from Mother`s, but I can`t help but wonder if it was applied too thickly.

With products like Collinite 476S, if I get the application properly thin, I can let it set up indefinitely (as in, longer than overnight) and it still buffs off easily.

If/when I do have problems buffing something off, I`ll sometimes reapply the same stuff over top of the tenacious application. It`s the "like-dissolves-like" solvent action thing. Doesn`t seem to work with Collinite, but it does work with a lot of other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    my guess it was Mothers Cleaner Wax (paste). that stuff is a real bear to get off if its on too long.

their pure carnauba wax (cali gold) is easy on, easy off.

Thread Information