Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of ordering some DF Towels. They come in two sizes, 13x13 and 17x17. I am thinking about getting 13x13 ones because it is my impression 16x16 or anything like that is "too big", when folded in fours there is "lots" of "overhang" that is not directly under palm/fingers, not transferring pressure and in general rolling under and getting in the way.

What are your experiences/thoughts on towel sizes?

Post Thanks / Like
    imo, 16x16 is a good size for a mf and i even like the 16x24 size. 13x13 would seem a tad too small, i would go for the 17x17...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    imo, 16x16 is a good size for a mf and i even like the 16x24 size. 13x13 would seem a tad too small, i would go for the 17x17...
    But when you fold 16x16 in fours what`s the purpose of all that overhang outside fingers area? It seems to do nothing and it seems to be getting in the way, making towel roll under your palm/fingers. What I am missing? Why 16x16 would be a better size?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    But when you fold 16x16 in fours what`s the purpose of all that overhang outside fingers area? It seems to do nothing and it seems to be getting in the way, making towel roll under your palm/fingers. What I am missing? Why 16x16 would be a better size?

i really don`t have that much overhang when i fold in quarters, to me it seems to be the right balance. i personally would choose the 17x17 over the 13x13 size. let us know how the quality is when you order/receive them...

Post Thanks / Like
    i personally would choose the 17x17 over the 13x13 size. let us know how the quality is when you order/receive them...
    Alright, then 17x17 it will be. Remind me in say three weeks, I will most likely order them while they are still on sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    Alright, then 17x17 it will be. Remind me in say three weeks, I will most likely order them while they are still on sale.

you got it buddy...:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any input on the quality of the DF Concours towels? I`d like to know before laying down the $$$:nixweiss Would they be better/worse than the Phats and Chubbys??
    Get those spammers DavidB!:banned:

Post Thanks / Like
    if i`m not mistaken, this towel is basically the same type that is sold in the autopia store (on clearance! see link below). i have one (from the autopia store) and while it`s not bad, i find myself using my mf`s more often...

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Concours Buffing Towel

The Concours Buffing Towel:

It`s not a chamois or drying towel.

It does not replace your sponges or cleaning towels.

It`s the best paint buffing towel money can buy!

I searched the globe to find the perfect terry cloth toweling and finally found it right here in the USA! The Concours Buffing Towel is cut from an all-natural terry cloth toweling originally developed for bath robes to comfort the rich and famous.

The natural fiber yarn used in our CBT is woven using the most modern microfiber equipment and techniques. Each fiber strand is more than 100 time finer than a human hair. This buffing towel is soft and has the buttery feel of fine cashmere.

Traditional polyester/polyamide blend terry cloth microfiber towels have fibers with hooked barbs for grabbing power, which makes them excellent towels for cleaning and scrubbing. It also means that are more likely to put micro scratches in your paint.

The fibers in our Concours Buffing Towel are smooth and virtually flat, giving the towel very low surface resistance. As a result, the CBT is as scratch-free as any towel could possibly be.

What’s the CBT good for? In a word, buffing! This is the best final buff and quick detailing towel you will ever own. The large terry loops ensure safe buffing by pulling dust particles and dry wax away from your car’s paint into the nap of the towel.

In the words of one Autopia member, “â€the tactile feel of the Concours Buffing Towel is almost sinful. Buffing the car with the new cloth made a material difference in the shine and depth of the S100 [wax] on the car!†I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Each CBT is professionally made for years of service. Unlike microfiber buffing towels from Korea or China, which are surge bound and mass cut by hot wire, our Concours Buffing Towels are hand cut and individually bound without the use of paint damaging polyester thread.

The CBT gets better with age, not worse. I’m so thrilled with this product that I give each towel a 60-day unconditional warranty. If for any reason you don’t like this towel, return it within 60 days for a full refund. I love this buffing towel, and I know you will, too.

NOTE: Wash before use. Do not use bleach or fabric softener.

White, 19" by 19" buffing towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    if i`m not mistaken, this towel is basically the same type that is sold in the autopia store (on clearance! see link below).
    It is my understanding they are at least very similar if not identical. Current "generation" of DF Towel is AlpineFiber 3. I do not know which generation ACC sells. ACC one is on clearance but it is still more expensive than DF ($10.50 for 19x19 vs. $3.40 for 17x17 when purchased in 6-pack after Alabor Day discount and Autopia discount.)

i have one (from the autopia store) and while it`s not bad, i find myself using my mf`s more often...
    Could you please elaborate pros and cons, and why you are reaching for mf more often?

Thread Information