Post Thanks / Like
    My girlfriend has some extremely resilient water spots on half of her windshield and her drivers side window. I think it happened when the shutters at our apartment were power washed, as the cars next to hers are also scarred... Whatever it is, I can`t get them off.

We were starting to just live with them, but 2 weekends ago we got her windows tinted and now the spots are worse then ever.

So far I`ve tried:

Stoners glass cleaner

Claybar

Mr. Clean Lime/rust remover

Mr. Cleans magic eraser w/ vinegar

None of these have worked! What the heck do I do now? I don`t want to invest in one of those glass polish kits and have that not do the trick.

Anyone have any idea of what I should do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I may not be able to help with getting rid of the water spots, but have you considered contacting the management company of the apartment complex? They might be able to give you the contact info of the company that did the power washing and you could either find out what product they used and/or file a claim with their insurance company.

Either way, you shouldn`t have to "live with" damage caused to your vehicle by an outside contractor.

Just my 2 cents worth....

By the way, I would have tried exactly the products you mentioned. I`ve also used a Zaino product called "Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish" for polishing glass that works well. But I`m not sure how it will work on your water spots.
    JW-`73 El Camino SS - They`ll get my Elky when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! a73elkyss web site.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can try a product called Barkeepers Friend. It was the only thing that helped me get rid of my hard water spots. It only costs a couple of bucks and can be found at Bed Bath and Beyond or Walmart. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Twister,

Thanks so much for chiming in! I`m going to look for that this weekend.

a73elkyss,

You are absolutely right--I shouldn`t have to live with it, but I`m walking on egg shells a little with my landlord at the moment. My gf and I are trying to buy a home and we`re going to be needing to work out a settlement as far as getting released from our lease. I`m trying to keep things light at the moment so as not to complicate things.

I`d rather waste $50 on cleaning supplies I want in my arsenal anyway than have to litigate my lease.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiggler

Have you used the product? Does it work as advertised and did you use it by hand or machine, and if machine what pad and machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you used the product? YES

Does it work as advertised and did you use it by hand or machine, and if machine what pad and machine? as advertised ? It removed and cleaned whatever KAIO couldn`t. I applied it by hand with cotton towel. never tried it with machine, but might.

Post Thanks / Like
    Diamondite works great for me when the sprinkler gets hold of my windows.
    Ferrari in 2007!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiggler
    Have you used the product? YES

Does it work as advertised and did you use it by hand or machine, and if machine what pad and machine? as advertised ? It removed and cleaned whatever KAIO couldn`t. I applied it by hand with cotton towel. never tried it with machine, but might.

Thanks DD. Might have to pick some up and give it a try.

Thread Information