Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a Saturn Ion Red Line and it has some black plastic trim pieces on the side of front of the bumper with a honeycomb shape. Here`s a pic of what they look like.

Anyways, it takes forever to clean inside each of these honeycomb holes with a q-tips and what I`m using now, Meguiars NXT generation trim protectant. I then go back over them with dry q-tips to wipe the excess. The bad thing is if they get wet a few days after applying it, any excess will runoff will show on the bumper.

Is there any product out there for black plastic trim to give it a dark natural black look without the greasy runoff mess?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a tough one.....I`ll be watching this thread.

Even the (as noted) "trim" products run......Maybe one of the new Ultima products?

I just cant bring myself to spending that much $ on them.....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a job for Black Wow or the Ultima trim stuff (I haven`t used either), or perhaps the Autoglym Trim stuff that they are clearing out of the Autopia store (which I HAVE used and I haven`t experienced running in the wet).

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard great results with the BLACK WOW. I believe it`s a little pricey. 8oz = $20 I believe.

But worth it with the results. I`m still waiting on durability with it.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t black wow runoff? I`ve seen on some sites that if it gets on the paints it takes some work to get off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it`s supposed to be hard to get off the paint, but it doesn`t get there from runoff, it gets there from sloppy application. It supposedly dries to a..er..dry finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my experience Black Wow does not run. I use it on my Mustang grill. I suggest a 1" foam brush (from paint supply section of hardware store) then use a damp MF to remove excess but be very careful not to let any part of the MF touch the paint afterwards. The results are great though.

EDIT: A little of Black Wow goes a long way! You get a lot of uses in a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d just use AIO topped with some nonstaining LSP (probably KSG or 845). If I *had* to use a dressing-style approach, I`d probably go with the Autoglym Bumper Care that David is closing out. It doesn`t run for me at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a cheap, OTC solution, you can try Stoner Trim Shine. Just spray, and walk away. You can wipe the excess off your bumper. I had a flat black, plastic, honeycomb grill on my Neon. I never went to the extreme of cleaning each hole. Trim Shine worked good on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll probably just try some black wow.

Anyone have suggestions on what to use that can clean in the crevices, and then wipe out the excess. Q-tips take forever.:lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a job for a pressure washer or a brush, if it`s not painted. It`s funny but now when I`m looking at cars (or other things) I actually think about what it`s going to be like to keep certain surfaces/areas clean.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    this sounds like a perfect application for Ultima trim protectant-I`ve had good luck with Tropicare Non-Silicone tire dressing on textured plastic

Thread Information