Thread: Stupid Question

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my vanilla moose and carnauba wax, I was just wondering if there was any right way to apply it to the car, I got a microfiber applicator but is there a certain motion you should use, I will be detailing the car by hand and also how big of a section should you polish or wax before removing it?

Post Thanks / Like
    While I don`t know about your specific products, I usually like to apply in a side to side motion in the same direction that the wind flows over the car. I usually apply the wax to the whole vehicle, and by the time I am done, the place I started at is usually ready to be buffed off.

AP

Post Thanks / Like
    Both VM and CW are very easy to use. I usually do a whole car with each before I start buffing off, and they both come off very easy. I always apply with a PC, but on the occasion when I do something by hand I prefer using back and forth rather than circular motions. Like MrAP mentioned, in the general direction that the wind flows.

VM will look good on almost everything you have on the outside of your car.... paint, chrome, glass, rubber (seals, not tires). As with most every product out there, apply thin coats for best results. VM topped with CW is a very good combo that looks deep and wet when finished (especially on reds and darker colors), I think you`ll love these two products..... both for looks and ease of use.
    John

Thread Information