Thread: Big vehicle

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else out there who feels the pain of owning a big black vehicle? I have a full size black truck, and every square inch is painted and then there is you guys with your little black cars:grinno: So next time you think your car is a pain in the a$$ to detail, please think of me:sadwavey:

But, it was my fault for buying a black vehicle with a 1,000 square feet of painted surface

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain. I`m selling my truck due to just buying my first house. The only thing I look forward to getting a small vehicle is how much easier it will be to detail.

Don`t you just love trying to polish the roof... lol
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Or you can be like my cousin that is only 16, bought almost brand new black Ford Ranger, got in 4 wrecks, the air doesn`t work, the paint looks like crap, hasn`t washed it since he bought it, the power windows don`t work because of one of the wrecks, the carpets are still wet from all of the spills in it over the last year or so. The truck looks like crap. Yall should be thankful that yall don`t have black trucks looking like that. But my black car is easy to detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueZero
    I feel your pain. I`m selling my truck due to just buying my first house. The only thing I look forward to getting a small vehicle is how much easier it will be to detail.

Don`t you just love trying to polish the roof... lol

I might catch some greef for this, but I don`t polish or wax the roof. Waste of my time and money. Nobody see`s it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LQ9SS
    I might catch some greef for this, but I don`t polish or wax the roof. Waste of my time and money. Nobody see`s it.

HA! The roof on our Yukon XL gets sealed/waxed maybe twice a year. Flame on! Because waxing up ther is a major PAIN.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a dark blue Ford Excusion...the roof gets washed and sealed with the rest of the truck. Yeah, no one sees it...but I know.

Also, the roof and hood are the areas most prone to sun and heat.....it would seem to me that these would be areas that should take priority for protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the hood definatly gets attention, but know one could convince me to wax my roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LQ9SS

I don`t polish the roof on my wifes SUV, but keep it protected with DG #105 and/or Collinite 476. Only takes a few minutes for a coat of either product.

I`m 6`5" and I cannot look over the top of the vehicle, I don`t really care if it looks good or not, just want it protected

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain. 96 GMC sierra Z71 ext cab dark dark dark blue (very pretty color). What i do is i buff out a portion on it when i get the chance. Like the hood one weekend, the doors another, the fenders another ect ect ect until its all done.

Thread Information