Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I thought I`d like to ask some advice, as I have a real job ahead of me.

First the background. I`ve been doing my own detailing for some years now, and have alot of experience using my PC.

I`ve kept up my daily driver, and my fun car (dodge stealth twin turbo) with no problems over the years, but I have owned both from the beginning, so have looked after them (hand wash, etc.)

I recently purchased a Dodge Intrepid (1997) as another daily driver and need to give it some TLC to make it a little more presentable. My camera is busted so I can`t take any pictures at this time.

However, I`ve gone over it, and it still seems like I cannot get out alot of the heavier scratches and swirls.

What I have to work with:

for pads, I have lake country Orange Cutting, Yellow Cutting, White Polishing, and Black Finishing pads

As my SMR, I have 3M 39009.

I have Klasse AIO

I have lots of Zaino Z2Pro, Z5Pro, Z final seal, etc. along with the QD and finishing spray.

Obviously it appears that the 3M is just not aggressive enough, though the car has come up very very well so far.

Not sure where the 3M39009 sits in the aggressiveness scale, but I think it isn`t too high.

I am wondering what you all think would be a good next step when moving to a more aggressive SMR.

I have a friend who had alot of luck with Poorboy`s, so I though that perhaps SSR3 would get rid of alot of the deep scratches and swirls.

Perhaps SSR 3, then finish with a 1 and move on to the AIO and Zaino???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    `I don\`t know how reliable this is, but maybe this might help:\r\n\r\nCompound Polish Glaze Comparison Chart`

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump

Any thoughts from the resident experts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am no expert but I had good luck with removing moderate to heavy swirls and light scratches with my new UDM paired with a 5" LC Yellow pad and Four Star MCC. The compound also finished down quit well and can be had cheap from Danase for $13.

-Frank
    Wahoo!! I have a UDM!!!

My car: `02 Civic EX 4DR Burgundy Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VTechFan02
    I am no expert but I had good luck with removing moderate to heavy swirls and light scratches with my new UDM paired with a 5" LC Yellow pad and Four Star MCC. The compound also finished down quit well and can be had cheap from Danase for $13.

-Frank

Great, thanks.

I might go that route, but I do have a source for Poorboy`s that is relatively close.... Hmmmm...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go with 4" pads, no question about that. For the aggressive product, I`d recommend Hi-Temp Extreme Cut, or maybe just their Heavy Cut. Follow with something milder but still more aggressive than the 390009, which IIRC is fairly mild stuff.

Thread Information