Thread: Haze from Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I detailed my car up in the garage, and the last thing I applied was Meguiars deep crystal carnuba wax. I let it cure for alf and hour and wiped it. I inspected it over and there was no residue or streaks left, then I pulled it outside to admire the results. Everything looked good, until I looked at it a few hous later. In some area it looks like swirls, but it from the wax leaving a haze becuase I was able to wipe a small spot off. Here is the south east the temperatures are ridiculous, with the daytime highs being 100 degrees. I`m sure this haze will wash off, but if I do not get a chance to wash it over the next day or two will the heat cause this film haze hurt my paint at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfectly harmless. Hazing is a symptom of the either the nuba that hasn`t completely cured or a remote possibility that you may have applied it very thick. You can either take a very good mf and spray mist the surface with atomized water or just wipe the haze dry. I am wagering that the shine will be even better. Carnaubas have a very good talent of getting better and providing a more crisp finish with a little age.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar problem with NXT... it turned out to be I put it on too thick. The solution? I left the car out in the sun for 15 mins (black car + sun + 15 mins = warm) and wiped the car down with an MF. Thats what the megs customer service guy told me to do. In any case, it cleared up the wierd hazing.

Thread Information